What's new
What's new

FS: Eagle Rock / Knurlcraft scissor knurl tool, BNIB

Alaska and Hawaii are not part of CONUS (CONtinental United States), but USPS Priority flat rate goes to Alaska and Hawaii for the same price as anywhere else in the US.

So, did you mean anywhere in the US, or really trully just in CONUS?

Alaska and Hawaii are not part of CONUS (CONtinental United States), but USPS Priority flat rate goes to Alaska and Hawaii for the same price as anywhere else in the US.

So, did you mean anywhere in the US, or really trully just in CONUS?

I ship using UPS on my account. If someone from Ak or Hi wants it let me know your shipping address and we'll work something out.

They are a good design. I will never use a bump knurler if I have the option to use a scissors/squeeze knurler. But since I already have two sizes of the Eagle Rock scissor knurler, I personally don't need a 3rd.

Bumping up, I thought this would be getting more interest, it's brand new and $50 cheaper than anywhere I can find online.

That make IS one of the best of the type.

My guess is there are so many ready-mades in the channel as to knurled knobs, screws, and such - that not many folks still shop-knurl at all..

And those who DO for any sort of volume go ahead and set-up for the effort to do so using "cut" knurls.

CNC, for example, is not a compatible environment for this type, but can work VERY well with "cut" knurls. Which work OK all-manual, too..... if you but respect the differences.

And there went the "decorative/functional" market niche....

The more important one - to me - as it was 99.99% of all the knurling I ever needed to do.. was for tightening-up a poor fit. For which one wanted pressure knurl, AND NOT cut knurl. Internal more often by far than external, BTW.

But THAT market was eaten-up by a wide array of Loctite products we did not HAVE "back in the day".

Just a SWAG.

This knurl CAN be used on CNC lathes. The manufacturers webpage shows this, and instructions included with the tool outline how to set it up in the turret, programming tips, etc.

https://www.eaglerockonline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5649/2017/09/Knurlcraft-K1-44.pdf

This knurl CAN be used on CNC lathes. The manufacturers webpage shows this, and instructions included with the tool outline how to set it up in the turret, programming tips, etc.

https://www.eaglerockonline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5649/2017/09/Knurlcraft-K1-44.pdf

Can.

Are seldom.

It is still a "form" knurler. Has a tad of forgiveness as to PD.

Cut knurls are uber-picky about pitch-diameter, pressure knurls less-so.

But CNC nails diameter. First time, next time, every time, ALL the time.
So the simpler cut knurl is just one more rather ordinary tool on the dance-card.

Even so, I think the Loctite having replaced knurling to tighten is the bigger factor for knurling overall. Whether this unit was even much involved or never.

The knurling trick was actually a monkey-patch with far less predictable endurance even when it seemed to work WELL than modern loctites routinely deliver.

And no. I am not trying to get you to lower your asking price! Seems fair to me for brand-new and undamaged goods!

But you did say:"I thought this would be getting more interest.."

:)

JMNSHO, it may be "a while" before a buyer comes along ...if it is indeed a smaller pool of potential users that it once was.

I could be wrong. Happens a lot.

Meanwhile .."patience.." etc.

Can.

Are seldom.

I could be wrong. Happens a lot.

I summed up your post for you. I wish I had your crystal ball to know what every shop is making and exactly what process they are using. It's still prevalent enough of a process that the "Boom" guy is making videos about it.... The Art of Knurling | CNC Machining Tutorial | Vlog #87 - YouTube

FYI I have this tool because of a double purchase issue, somehow two of these got ordered and I only needed 1 tool. Return policy made it unattractive to send back so it's been sitting on my desk a while. I used the identical tool, in a CNC lathe, to make 1-part, where a $1000 cut knurling tool wasn't an economical option. I am keeping the knurling tool that was used, so this one that is unused is surplus to my needs. McMaster did not have the right knob, loctite would not have fixed their old shaft, and no I didn't screw up on any diameters. Thanks for the free bumps.

IMG_1013 by EricT4R, on Flickr

I wish I had your crystal ball to know what every shop is making and exactly what process they are using.

Be careful what you wish for.

It takes a huge amount of time for the research. More than most folk put in at a Day Job, actually, and even so, I don't but reap the research of others for the most part. Not to mention the thousands of emails into the baited traps eyeballed. But filters sort most of those.

Mayhap I should invest in You Tube content creators instead of industrial firms, but wot the hey.

Not that greedy. I'll stick with what has paid well-enough.

One large for a cut-knurl toolholder?

Maybe I ain't as dormant as I smell after all...

I still think a brand-new Eagle Rock is a nice item!

I just don't NEED one.

Good hunting!

:D

Last edited:

Back