What's new
What's new

FS ... Emmert 101 Blacksmith Machinist Vise

916DUC

Plastic
I am doing a little shop rearranging and would like to offer up this old Emmert vise for sale. Thought I would post it on here hoping someone might like it. I have a turtleback and a K1 that I use constantly and don't use this as much as I thought I would. I acquired it a few years ago from an old woodworker who is in his 90's and closed up shop. He has had it since the 50's he said.

It is a 101 Blacksmith Machinist vise with the rotating three jaw head. Comes with the original post mount v groove jaws and an extra post mount stepped groove jaw. Condition is very good. Has not been repainted, just cleaned up. Swivel base. I have a couple of pics and I'll post more as soon as I can.

Honestly, I don't know what to ask, I have only seen a couple of these sell and a similar one was sold for around 3.5K if memory serves. Shipping I am sure will be a lot as this is 100 lbs give or take. If I was to post this on eBay, I think I would start it a 2k or a little more. I am open to offers and any suggestions. My location is central New Jersey if your close and want to come see it.

IMG_1825.jpgIMG_1824.jpg

Yeah, I would bite at around $400, because I'd expect to pay another $150 in shipping to the West coast. Not a collector, so I can think of other shop tooling I'd prefer to spend $2,000 on.

Maybe try Garage Journal. I dunno anyone who ends up doing more bench work than myself, generally on the hobby side of this.... and I dunno anyone who has more vises "mounted" and working on a per square foot basis. For sure it's a very cool vise; I've seen them up close; but likely not a "daily driver"

The garage journal guys have a huge thread on nothing but bench vises, most not mounted or used as intended. I think they would be more "your market" and more appreciative of the uniqueness.

Maybe try Garage Journal. I dunno anyone who ends up doing more bench work than myself, generally on the hobby side of this.... and I dunno anyone who has more vises "mounted" and working on a per square foot basis. For sure it's a very cool vise; I've seen them up close; but likely not a "daily driver"

The garage journal guys have a huge thread on nothing but bench vises, most not mounted or used as intended. I think they would be more "your market" and more appreciative of the uniqueness.

Definitely try garage journal, you'll probably sell it in a heartbeat over there. Those guys go nuts for vises

OMG, YES

One of the lads over on Garage Journal, by name of Royce is beyond, prolific artist. Royce has fab'd amazing vises and tool pedestals in his spare time, simply because he could.

He's been chided that he needs to teach... apparently he's too much the task master for most to hang with. But that said the vise aficionado crowd hit the GJ vise thread in numbers just to see what over-the-top drool worthy project Royce is working on.

If you want a rare vise showcased that's the place to be seen

Back