What's new
What's new

FS - BIG Kaiser Drilling, Tapping Quick-Chnge Attachment Type DT24

EJHanson

Aluminum
Hi , I have a BIG Quick Change Drilling, Tapping attachment, Type DT24 for sale, it has Morse Taper #4 on the drive end.
Comes complete with a J24-6 Drill Chuck Adapter, and a MT4 to MT5 Adapter (as seen in pic)
Made by Daishowa Seiki Co. Ltd., Osaka Japan, This is stamped on back side of unit.
Item has had shop use, but I have had it for about 11 years and not used it, so time to go.
$250.00 USD plus shipping.
Big Kaiser Attachment.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg

Last edited:
Last Price drop , $150.00 plus shipping,

Hi all, I will try to find what the market will "bear" one more time before this item goes back into it's steel case.
Is any one interested in this quick change for $150.00?
It is a very nice quick change unit, very precise.We used it on a large radial drill.
Thank you,

I am interested but it is missing 8 of the standard quick change holders that should be in the set.
Buying those separately may break the bank unless you have them and didn’t take any photos?
Right now it can only drill if you have a good chuck laying around.....

Michael

I did a very quick online look to check availability and the tool holders looked to be between $50 and $110 each, from different vendors. Also saw there is a jacobs chuck insert that looked handy.
Looks like a good tool!

part #s:
http://dhu.mx/wp-content/uploads/resources/pdf/big_daishowa_drill_tapper.pdf
and:
Drill Tapper | BIG KAISER

ebay:
BIG T24-NO. 8 STANDARD TAP HOLDER FOR DT24 DRILL TAPPER | eBay
Others on ebay as well, search dt24 or t24.

Japan $:
Tap holder BIG DAISHOWA SEIKI (BIG) Tap holder [MonotaRO Singapore] T24-M12~

I cant find all the places I looked at the other day, my computer history did not save everywhere I looked...
Use the catalogs to get part #s to refine your searches.
I learned that this size (DT24) is the smallest of 3 of these style drill tappers.

Hi all, I will try to find what the market will "bear" one more time before this item goes back into it's steel case.
It is a very nice quick change unit, very precise.We used it on a large radial drill.
Thank you,

Would you go 125$?

Thank you,

Do you have any drill and or or tap holding inserts for it?
I will buy it if you have some that are useful.
Been looking at a tapmatic but this would probably work in its place.

Do you have any drill and or or tap holding inserts for it?
I will buy it if you have some that are useful.
Been looking at a tapmatic but this would probably work in its place.

Yes, it has this, Comes complete with a J24-6 Drill Chuck Adapter, and a MT4 to MT5 Adapter (as seen in pic)

Yes, it has this, Comes complete with a J24-6 Drill Chuck Adapter, and a MT4 to MT5 Adapter (as seen in pic)

I meant are there holders for taps and individual holders for drills. I posted a link with them in it earlier. Look at post #8 and the ebay link to see what I am talking about.

For every size threadded hole you will need 2 of these type holders, one for tap drill and one for tap.

The jacobs chuck holder looks useful but by itself without a way to change to tapping the whole thing not so much.

I meant are there holders for taps and individual holders for drills. I posted a link with them in it earlier. Look at post #8 and the ebay link to see what I am talking about.

For every size threaded hole you will need 2 of these type holders, one for tap drill and one for tap.

The jacobs chuck holder looks useful but by itself without a way to change to tapping the whole thing not so much.

What you see in the picture is everything. Typically taps can have common size shanks between many thread sizes so the selection (of adapters) required would be minimized.
Sorry,
Eric

payment sent, I'll post an evaluation of this tool, and a comparison to a rotary turret on speed, cost and precision at some point.

well, it cleaned up nicely. its bog simple, which is a really good thing (compared to a proper tapping head) , but the downside is it only has two torque settings. I haven't tapped with it yet, so don't know how much of a drawback that is, but I don't see how it would adapt to a wide range of sizes and materials.

IMG_1252.jpg

...Been looking at a tapmatic but this would probably work in its place.
Which Tapmatic are you looking for?

I have an SPD-7QC, NIB with a full set of quick change tap adapters. Tap range #10 to 3/4". Mount is 5/8-16. No arbor, MT arbors with the 5/8-16 thread are common, but I haven't seen a straight shank arbor. Would probably have to make it if straight shank is needed.

The SPD series does not have a clutch, so if you want to bottom out taps in blind holes you need the torque control tap adapters from Tapmatic. If you have controlled depth you don't need the torque control.

Asking $300 for the works.

Back