What's new
What's new

FS...EXAIR Cold Gun Spot Cooler

spaeth

Hot Rolled
Exair Model 3825 Adjustable Spot Cooler. Complete System Brand New in box.
3725 Adjustable Cooler
9029 Mag Base
9004 1/4" Filter
5901 Nozzle Assortment
900396 Filter bracket
Factory Instructions
180.00 + Shipping.
spaeth
DSCN2689.jpgDSCN2690.jpgDSCN2692.jpgDSCN2693.jpg

For shrink fitting? For something else?
It was a fad for a while. They are kind of neat, air goes in the side then runs through a vortex of trepidation; hot comes out one end and cold out the other. You were supposed to aim it at the cutter-part interface and blow the chips away as well as cool the part and tool. They are very noisy and gobble up heaps of air, but probably have a use for something. The technical name was a vortex generator, or something similar ?

These were advertised a lot about the time some guy in central california was pushing jojoba beans for coolant. The oil went in a micro-applicator spray, supposedly was a hundred times as lubricious as Trimsol and totally organic, etc ec. Didn't get to try that one before it went away, but sounded real good. Go home smelling like tacos instead of Trimsol :)

Marty,
Not sure about all the applications. Pictures show cooling plastic while machining. Cooling drills and cutters. I've seen them mounted on the surface grinder keeping parts cool. Replaces coolant, claims to produce precise adjustable temp from -30F to room temp. So I suppose a guy could use it shrink fit some things.

Actually I find they work well for dry cutting but they use a lot of air. Condensation was also a problem.

Any takers at 125.00+ mail on the Brand New Adjustable Spot Cooler? Might say it'a a COOL Deal, especially if you look at Exair's web site and see what their price is.
spaeth

Back