What's new
What's new

FS - A Few Dial Indicarors...... Starrett, Hardinge, Federal, Etc.

CWC(4)

Cast Iron
Been continuing to go through things in my shop.
Here are few nice duplicate indicators I'd like to move along. All are in very good condition,
all crystals are clean and clear. All have lug backs except the small Federal indicator. Prices include shipping.
Check or MO please, sorry no paypal.Thanks for looking.

1. Hardinge 2" diameter, 1" range, .001 resolution
Don't know if these were made by Hardinge or not..................$70.
2. Starrett 2" dia. no. 25F 0-.100 range, .001 resolution...........$40.
3. Federal 2" dia. 1/8" range, .001 resolution.....................$35.
4. Federal 2" dia. model C81 + or - 0-.050 range...................$30. - PENDING
5. Federal 1 1/2" dia. + or - 0-.050 range, like new...............$35.
6. Ames 2 3/4" dia. 1" range, .001 resolution...................$30. - PENDING
7. Quality unmarked (import?) 2 1/4" dia. 1/2" range, .001 res.......$25.

IMG_7545.jpgIMG_7546.jpg

Last edited:
Revised prices and shipping.
I've reduced pricing on all of these, shipping is not included in the prices.
Shipping would be on about a 1 lb. package. A couple might fit in flat rate boxes.

Don't know if these were made by Hardinge or not..................... $50. plus shipping
2. Starrett 2" dia. no. 25F 0-.100 range, .001 resolution................$40. - PENDING
3. Federal 2" dia. 1/8" range, .001 resolution..................................$25. plus shipping
4. Federal 2" dia. model C81 + or - 0-.050 range.............................$30. - PENDING
5. Federal 1 1/2" dia. + or - 0-.050 range, like new.........................$25. plus shipping
6. Ames 2 3/4" dia. 1" range, .001 resolution..................................$30. - SOLD
7. Quality unmarked (import?) 2 1/4" dia. 1/2" range, .001 res.....$20. plus shipping

Thanks for looking

Ames indicator showed up today, looks like brand new, very happy, well packed as well. Thank you.
I was a little surprised you did not use a flat rate box though, might have been a tad bit cheaper.

Thanks Rob, glad it got there in one piece.
A small flat rate box was kind of out of the question. Because of the lug back, I didn't want any undue pressure on the crystal due to the narrow box.
When I packed it, I thought just regular ground (or what ever they call it) would be a relatively inexpensive way to ship. When the clerk told me the cost, I gulped, but taking it back home.....repackaging ......and getting it back to the P. O. would have been more in time and money anyway so I just sent it. Happy you could use it.
CWC(4)

I have a 2 3/4" B&S .0001 indicator that is practically its twin brother, I like that one but with its short travel can not use it for much of what I do.
If the others you have are half as nice as the one I got people should be happy with them.:)

Revised prices and shipping.

Federal Indicator (#4) is available again.
Member who said "I'll take it", has refused to respond to PM's and emails after I reserved it for him (even though he's been on here since)

Shipping would be on about a 1 lb. package. A couple might fit in flat rate boxes.
Take the whole lot for $140. shipped

Don't know if these were made by Hardinge or not............................$50. plus shipping
2. Starrett 2" dia. no. 25F 0-.100 range, .001 resolution.....................$40. - SOLD
3. Federal 2" dia. 1/8" range, .001 resolution.......................................$25. plus shipping
4. Federal 2" dia. model C81 + or - 0-.050 range.................................$25. plus shipping
5. Federal 1 1/2" dia. + or - 0-.050 range, like new..............................$25. plus shipping
6. Ames 2 3/4" dia. 1" range, .001 resolution......................................$30. - SOLD
7. Quality unmarked (import?) 2 1/4" dia. 1/2" range, .001 res.........$20. plus shipping

Thanks for looking

Federal Indicator (#4) is available again.
Member who said "I'll take it", has refused to respond to PM's and emails after I reserved it for him (even though he's been on here since)

One of the reasons it is a good idea to have wants posted IN THE THREAD, then work out payment & shipping with PM's. Harder to "back out" if you have committed to buy in front of everyone.

One of the reasons it is a good idea to have wants posted IN THE THREAD, then work out payment & shipping with PM's. Harder to "back out" if you have committed to buy in front of everyone.

Yes, thanks Rob.
Not too difficult to stay in touch though, especially in this day and age. If you change your mind, say so, I can handle it.
If I agree to buy something (not just here), I have a check in the mail usually the next day. If I'm shipping out something I've sold, the item is sent out promptly, often before the check has a chance to clear. Not too much to ask that the same thing be done on the other end (within reason of course) end of rant.
CWC(4)

Back