What's new
What's new

FS/FT Cincinnati Arbor Supports

Dick Streff

Aluminum
I have two pairs of Cincinnati arbor supports orphaned from their original mills that need a new home. Each pair includes the outboard and intermediate Style B support with matching serial numbers in each pair. I am not sure what size machine these were for, but I am assuming at least a #3 or #4. Maybe someone more savvy with Cincinnati serial numbers could tell.

Ideally I'd like to trade at least some of them for similar Style A or B supports for the 205-12 Cintimill series. The center distance from the bottom of the overam dovetail would be about 6 1/8". They would look like the attached:

205-12 Arbor Support.jpg

The two pairs are identical except for cosmetics. One has been given multiple repaints and after degreasing you can see all the various layers. The other still has it's original paint in shopworn condition. All have a 2 1/8" bore for the running bearing. Photos of the pairs:

More photos available at: ImageShack - Cincinnati Arbor Support #2 and ImageShack - Cincinnati Arbor Support #1
I'll offer for sale at $275 per pair. These are obviously very heavy and a pair shipped should go freight. I can crate and deliver to a local terminal. Local pickup here in Omaha is encouraged. I am going to the Chicago area in mid-September and could drop of there or points between for no charge.

Let me know if you need more photos or measurements. Here is a photo of a rough measurement of the dovetail width.

Dick

Last edited:
I've added a photo with a scale above. About 7 5/8" at the widest.

I also corrected the link above to more pictures of the multi-colored supports. It has additional photos showing the approximate height, etc.

Dick

Still have these supports and still looking for a support for a 205-12 series machine.

Just to clarify the supports I have are about 7 1/2” from the bottom of the overarm dovetail to the center of the arbor hole. The support I need will be 6 1/2” for the same locations.

Let me know if you’ve got what I need or if you need anymore info on the supports I have for sale/trade.

Dick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still have these supports and still looking for a support for a 205-12 series machine.

Just to clarify the supports I have are about 7 1/2” from the bottom of the overarm dovetail to the center of the arbor hole. The support I need will be 6 1/2” for the same locations.

Let me know if you’ve got what I need or if you need anymore info on the supports I have for sale/trade.

Dick

Want to bump this and update I still have one pair of the supports that fit a #3 or 4 series machine available. The pair with the multi color paint job is still for sale. I shipped the other pair out to a member here by freight. For reference the crate was about 115#.

And I am still seeking a style A or B arbor support for the 205-12 machines (Cintimill, Cintiversal, etc.). I located one at Parts & Parts but it is just too dear for my blood. I had a line on another but the seller seems to have gone dark. So any leads on one of those would be appreciated.

Dick

large Cincinnati horizontal Mill overarm arbors

I have a similar set of overarm supports, from an estate. they were in a fire so will take some cleaning, and they are quite heavy. fire doesn't damage cast iron so these should be good to go once you clean them up to your satisfaction 20210206_173656.jpg20210206_173540.jpg20210206_173148.jpg20210206_173406.jpg20210206_173413.jpg Dimensions are on written on the castings, and photos show the number stamped on each. Whatever they fit is not part of the estate. $145 for both

I might add I still have the multi colored pair available if someone needs them. I no longer am in need for supports for a 205-12 machine so those would be cash sale.

Dick

Back