What's new
What's new

FS/FT Dividing Heads and Accessories (Cincinnati,K&T,etc.)

Dick Streff

Aluminum
Time to thin the herd of dividing heads and accessories. I have for sale or trade several heads and accessory pieces from various makers. Sales are great, but I'd really like to trade some of this for some Cincinnati indexing equipment I don't have. I'm pretty set for heads but I could use a 10" tailstock. I also need the standard lead gearbox that would fit on the Cincinnati 205-12 late 60's/early 70's machines. I have most of the change gears for that box and some of the gearbox hardware, but not the mechanism itself.

NO.1 - Cincinnati 12" head with the Wide Range Divider attachment that allows for divisions for 2 to 400,000 and angles at intervals of 6 seconds. Includes the accessories shown. Asking $500 or offer.

See more and larger photos at: ImageShack - Cincinnati 12" Dividing Head

NO.2 - For trade only a Kearney and Trecker Model H spiral dividing heads that may be of use to someone with the proper model mill. I am holding it ransom on the slim chance there is someone with the similar head and accessories made by Van Norman. The K&T head includes the tailstock, drive center, an original face mounted three-jaw chuck, and the 15-20, 21-33, and 37-49 plates. Also included is a set of gears for the lead attachment including 24,28,2-32,44,48,3-56,3-64,72,96,88,96, and 100 tooth gears. The gears did not come with the heads and I am not sure they are for this size K&T head or the larger Model K head because they seem pretty large. I think they are 12p and this head should use about 16p gears. But they definitely have the proper spline bore.

The Van Norman spiral dividing head I am looking for is also pictured. I do not want the horizontal pivoting one that is often seen for sale.

DSCN0015.jpgDSCN0017.jpgvndividinghead.jpg

NO.3 - L+W Chuck head of 11" swing. Includes a full complement of three indexing plates and the tailstock. I converted the spindle nose to take 5C collets directly years ago and built a drawtube for it. It really makes it more convenient to use. Threaded spindle of 2 1/4" x 10 tpi with thread protector. I'm asking $300.

More and larger photos at: ImageShack - L&W

NO.4 - Not sure of the make on this smaller one but is similar to the Ellis or Carroll style head. About 7" swing. Has 1 3/4" x 8 tpi spindle threads. Nose is a B&S taper (10?). Includes two index plates (15-20 and 37-49), center with dog driver, and a backplate to mount a chuck. It came with a tailstock that appears to be shopmade byut very well done. Good size head for a smaller milling machine. I used it on a little Hardinge horizontal I used to own. Asking $250.
You can download more and larger photos at: https://imageshack.com/a/VAUH/1

NO.5 - Cincinnati 14" Tailstock in good, functional condition with some minor dings and shelf wear. Asking $125.
You can see more and larger pictures at: https://imageshack.com/a/ZAUH/1

NO.6 - Set of High Number plates for Cincinnati heads. This set of plates are interchangeable with the standard double sided plate included with the Cincinnati heads and greatly increases the number of division available. Between the six sides available is a range of hole circles from 30 to 199 (including 127). If you review Cincinnati's literature including the Treatise on Milling Machines you can get a better idea of the possibilities these plates would provide. Please note that you would need to make a smaller pin for your indexer, as the holes in these plates are a bit smaller than the standard to allow the increased divisions. I believe when sold this came with a replacement assembly. Also included is the original crate these plates were shipped in with the Cincinnati Milling Machine stencil on the side. There is some discoloring on places on the plates but no real corrosion. Asking $200

You can see more images at: https://imageshack.com/a/hAUH/1

NO.7 - Standard double sided plate for Cincinnati heads. This was mixed in with the high range plates. Seems to be in good usable condition. Asking $60.

You can see more pictures at: https://imageshack.com/a/9AUH/1

All of this stuff is pretty heavy. I could fit the plates or the smaller head in large flat rate boxes and ship USPS for a reasonable cost. But the rest is likely going freight at the buyers cost. I can work with you for palletizing, crating, etc. and get it to a local terminal for the cost of materials. But picking it up here in Omaha is even better. I am making a trip to the Chicago area in mid-September and could drop off at points between here and there for no cost.

The gears for the K&T DH are for a larger unit, I have a set for my #2 DH and they are smaller. The largest would be the same as the largest gear in the smaller stack.
That is a nice collection of DH's!

Good luck with the sales.

NO.4 - Not sure of the make on this smaller one but is similar to the Ellis or Carroll style head. About 7" swing. Has 1 3/4" x 8 tpi spindle threads. Nose is a B&S taper (10?).

Almost certainly a #9 B&S taper, as the Ellis has that with the same spindle thread. Goods to fit both can be found, I did.

If I didn't already have the Ellis, this one would be very tempting. "Goldilocks" zone thing. For decent size and strength, not "Shop Fox" tinkertoy, they are lighter, hence easier to handle, than most other DH.

Glad your happy with the plates. Put them to good use.

Just to update the rest, the Cincinnati Wide Range Head is sold pending payment. And I believe the Cincinnati tailstock and standard double sided plate are sold also.

Sorry if I didn't get back to all PM's quicker. I've been otherwise occupied the last couple days.

Also, if someone is interested in the L&W or Ellis/Carrol heads don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer. They really need to get off my shelf and into use in someone's shop.

Glad your happy with the plates. Put them to good use.

Just to update the rest, the Cincinnati Wide Range Head is sold pending payment. And I believe the Cincinnati tailstock and standard double sided plate are sold also.

Sorry if I didn't get back to all PM's quicker. I've been otherwise occupied the last couple days.

Also, if someone is interested in the L&W or Ellis/Carrol heads don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer. They really need to get off my shelf and into use in someone's shop.

I am interested in the Ellis with tailstock pictured. I will try and PM you

I am interested in the Ellis with tailstock pictured. I will try and PM you

I should have updated this but forgot. All the dividing heads are gone except for the K&T and accessories.

Still deciding what to do with that one. It might be for sale instead of trade soon once I get that sorted out.

Dick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I should have updated this but forgot. All the dividing heads are gone except for the K&T and accessories.

Still deciding what to do with that one. It might be for sale instead of trade soon once I get that sorted out.

Dick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is why it is best to have people state interest in items IN the thread. Avoids any confusion.

While we are on this topic I am looking for a tailstock and a steady rest for my K&T Model K dividing head. Thanks.

I'm still looking for a decent Uni DH that is affordable enough to afford shipping. Every time I find one I like and come to terms the seller and I can both live with, the shipping puts it out of acceptability.

They come in sizes of course...10, 12 and 14"

If I remember correctly, it was maybe Mister Honey that had casting(s) for at least one size of steady

looking for a tailstock and a steady rest for my K&T Model K dividing head.

Let me know if you'd like to sell the K&T dividing head. I've been looking for one at a reasonable price that's complete. Or, let me know what you'd like to trade
Thank you

Back