What's new
What's new

FS: HTS Equipment Skates

johfoster

Cast Iron
These skates spent there life attached to an equipment cabinet in a University science lab. I really don't a use for them I have decided. They are in very good to like new condition other than a few scratches here and there as well as one plastic endcap missing. What you see is all I have, but you can easily make the pull handles for them. $500 plus shipping obo. Email, call, or respond in this post if interested. [email protected] 520-401-8117

20191226_135846.jpg
20191226_140013.jpg
20191226_141132.jpg

Edit: I will be out of town from the 27th until January 1st and unable to ship until then incase anyone wants these that soon

My understanding is that they can carry 1400kg per. So you could carry 2800kg total on the pair I have, but I could be wrong though. I will try to look it up

My understanding is that they can carry 1400kg per. So you could carry 2800kg total on the pair I have, but I could be wrong though. I will try to look it up

That's the way I read it as well. Four wheels, two swivels, one data label per "unit".

You just happen to have two units.

Go for it, John O.

Before I offer to split the set with yah!

Only use I have, I'd mate one with two non-steering skates..because they'd steer more easily than the 10K Avoir rated (overkill...) Vestil I use now.

:)

Go for it all Bill, if you like

I'll pass

Thanks, I'll "wait a while"... in the hope that someone enough younger to still have the main strength to actually UTLIZE them weighs in!

"Go for it, lurkers!" The clever steerabilty / stability balance of these goods is well above the mark.

VB stats prove you are "out there"!

And "Iron" is by no means the only thing already fossilizing under my roof.

:D

I will go down to $400 plus shipping on these.

Without too much trouble different width cross bars could be fabricated to spread these apart more for multiple applications. (a length of flat bar and 3 studs)

$200 a piece or $360 for both plus actual shipping. I doubt you could buy the 8 rollers alone for that. Someone get these before I decide to keep more stuff I don't need. :willy_nilly:

Anyone care to make me an offer for these, or should I accept that I am keeping them?

Well....

Whole tribe, four types, I harbour meself ain't been seen to actually EAT all that much when idle.

"Idle " being all but about one day in every two years, on average, given all the Old Iron as NEEDED skating is already HERE!

"Keeping" works. OTOH, been thinkin' mebbe starting a skate RENTAL bizness?

:D

Shipping could easily go $50 each, so I'll offer $250 - plus wotever it is - for the PAIR.. and honestly?

STILL hope I am outbid ... by a younger, stronger, more active person more likely to USE them more often.

"No rush" on my part, IOW.

Try the PM "Send Email" option under a user's login name.

Those, I do get.

And DID get. Will respond "shortly".

Meanwhile anyone else actually have a greater NEED shout it out NOW .. or do without.

I'll prolly be "custodian" more than actual user, but these are handy goods if one has an application that needs "steerable" skates less likely to tip, laterally, than my stronger-but-narrower Vestil 10K Avoir swivel-top ones

Bill

I just bought pair of temco jacks and would like my own skates to keep from borrowing a friend's. One of these days they won't be there. I'm not sure if Bill's getting them or not but I'll be next in line please :-)

I just bought pair of temco jacks and would like my own skates to keep from borrowing a friend's. One of these days they won't be there. I'm not sure if Bill's getting them or not but I'll be next in line please :-)

Take my place if you have a need. I own over a dozen skates in several types, already and am no longer 'adding' Old Iron, anyway nor even moving it as often in me dotage.

But do it NOW, don't dick around.

Contact johfoster before HE grows too old to much give a damn, either!

:)

Thanks Bill, email sent to Joh! Keep me in mind Bill if you want to thin your herd of skates, I'll need to add a couple more for heavier machines

Thanks Bill, email sent to Joh! Keep me in mind Bill if you want to thin your herd of skates, I'll need to add a couple more for heavier machines

Heavy buggers are cheaper bought direct from Northern Tool (Chinese-made, but decently so) or Vestil (claims to be USA, but who really knows?) when on sale and/or there is a promo / shipping deal.

Wot I have found useful are:

- the "interlockable" 4,400 lb rated urethane roller ones as can be latched longwise and sideways at the same time to make a "magic carpet" to traverse a bumpy driveway. Also have a pivot / anchor hole center top.

- the lower-profile ball-bearing rollered 3,300 lb'ers. Those need a hole drilled for pivot pin or bolt.

- The Vestil 10K similar ones, wider C-channel, thicker axles, higher-rated bearings.

- The Vestil swivel-top 10K - looks like Nylon rollers but may be some other tough black plastic.

These wider spaced, clever-linkage steerables J has would be more stable, most loads. Knowing the Germans, probably have a higher safety margin over their rated load as well.

What I SHOULD shed is TWO Vestil 5K "pry dolly" AKA wheeled "Johnson Bar" heavy-lifters. My age, I can't effectively USE the buggers any more. Already.

That's why I bought the pair of toe jacks, actually!

Thanks I haven't noticed the interlocking ones I'll keep an eye out. Shipping might kill the deal but let me know if'n ya want to talk about the Johnson bars. I coordinate shipments all over the world for my day job and can plug in a rough quote no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back