What's new
What's new

FS: Imperial Tilting Rotary Table $1750

aerodark

Titanium
Diameter of table: 12.5 inches.

I have not used this since I bought it. It was advertised as a Leitz-Wetzlar but I now find that it was manufactured by Eimeldingen in West Germany in 1962. It has a 30 second vernier on the tilt, and a 1 second vernier on the rotary axis. 1 second!

There were a number of these used in So. California to position satellites according to tales of lore. I see no evidence that this was ever mounted to a machine tool. I also have a 3/8 stud and clamp set I bought to accompany this brute. She weighs about 350 lbs.

I do have the crate the seller made for shipping it to me three years ago. It is going to cost some $$$ to ship, so local pickup is preferred.

Last edited:
I have the exact same one but with a 10" table. Came out of NASA. Was mounted on a heavy metal table when bought. The person I bought it from wanted the for a welding table. I took the RT. Won't say how much I paid for it. RT is nice and precise. I've had it for over 40 years now and have no intention of selling it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Aerodark, Nice rotary table you have there.

BTW- There are two "do-dad's" just to the left of the handwheel that tilts the RT. Any clue what they are used for?

Ken

Aerodark, Nice rotary table you have there.

BTW- There are two "do-dad's" just to the left of the handwheel that tilts the RT. Any clue what they are used for?

Ken

I think you are talking about the provision for a dial indicator to be mounted to establish when the RT is tilted exactly horizontal (parallel with the base).

If we have a sale, I am going to scrounge for a skid and buy the necessary stuff to make a safe crate. Let me know what Michelle says.

I have a very similar tilting rotary table that I ought to sell. It is BOUND to be German,but I haven't found a name on it anywhere. Table was finely scraped.Paint has a rubbed finish. Definitely a high class piece of equipment. Too heavy for me to use unless I buy a portable hoist,which I don't really have room for.

In retrospect, the purchase I made in October 2013 was impractical. I knew what a piece of old-school engineering and craftsmanship it was, and couldn't resist! :drool5:

Back