What's new
What's new

FS: KDK (Jeff Kuhn, California) complete quick change toolpost set

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmartnl

Cast Iron
Hi,
Have been away for some time, mainly due to illness, heart and artritis and more. I guess I'm getting old...
I own a KDK complete quick change toolpost set, all toolholders and boringbars, 2x 5C Hardinge inserts and more. This set has only been used for demonstration purposes at Lathe and Tools Exhibitions in order to introduce KDK (by a KDK representative) in Europe many years ago. It has NEVER been used or mounted on a lathe. It's suitable for 13" or larger lathes. All pristine, no damage, some minor swarfs due to demonstrating the bits. It comes complete in a sturdy custom built for KDK, with all KDK prints on a near scratchproof sufface, flightcase with all fittings to keep the holders firm and prevent them from being damaged during transportation. I guess A HUMVEE could roll over it wihout collapsing the case. (The flightcase could easily be adapted and used as a "super lunchbox" afterwards!) This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for anybody seeking KDK original parts/sets. (Please don't take offence in my exagerating, if I could use it I'ld never sell it because of the superb quality.)
I hope I can make one of you in the USA happy with this set, it will not come cheap though. Keep in mind that transportation will be expensive since the set wheighs about 25Kg/55lb. without protective outer wooden casing.!
I'll post some pictures soon.
Regards,
Max

Hi,
The items are located in the Netherlands(NL, Europe), I know shipping would be expensive. It would be most convenient to have it picked up by someone who has planned a visit to Europe already or e.g. frequently travels between the US and Europe as a courier. All options are open to make the transfer easy and as inexpensive as possible.
Regards,
Max

Hi,
Pricing will be with mutual agreement, shipping to the US with track&trace will cost about 125Euro, that's a pitty. Therefore, pickup will be more profittable to all.
I have to agree , you're right, my mistake! It's "Jack" of course. The data posted by me was all out of my memory(from about 9 or 10 years ago), it has been slightly worn as I must conclude :( . I'll add recent pics posted within a few hours, they will clear the authenticity and size of the set as well.

One(1) thing is beyond doubt, I can assure you: the set is originally made, designed and fabricated by KDK, t.i. Jack Kuhn!

Regards,
Max

Hi,
Well, hereby pics of just a few minutes ago. I hope this will take away any doubts and clarify it all. Enjoy!
Regards, Max
P1010232 - kopie.jpgP1010233 - kopie.jpgP1010234 - kopie.jpgP1010235 - kopie.jpgP1010240 - kopie.jpg
Can only attach 5 files as a max :( , the rest will follow soon.

Hi,
Pricing will be with mutual agreement, shipping to the US with track&trace will cost about 125Euro, that's a pitty. Therefore, pickup will be more profittable to all.

Regards,
Max

In the scheme of things I don't see 125Euro as being excessive to ship to the US from the EU.

Hi Triumph...,
Maybe so but for many people these costs may be an obstacle. Amounts of 125Euro shipping will be negotiable in case one is really interested ofcourse. if I've done an accurate weighing, the case with all content weighs about 19Kg/ 42Pounds, so it should be suitable as "hand luggage" on international flights. (A possibility for dayly couriers who have little luggage to carry around.)
Regards,
Max

Forgot to mention this, for anyone who is interested in a huge amount of 5C collets, suitable for 1 of the shown KDK toolholders, I could make an interesting "surplus" offer. (They are SCHAUBLIN (W31,75 thread), compatible with "top of the bill" HARDINGE and ROYAL collets. They are all metric sizes though, but there may be quite a few who use metric sized tooling by now.)
Regards again,
Max

Hi all,
I'll let you know about the pricing soon... Don't hesitate to make an immediate offer to me by PM in case youe "really want it"! As shown in the pictures above, the whole is shining, without rust or damages, complete with tooling, 3 boring bars(Inner Circle) amd risingplate. All is the KDK 100-type.
Regards,
Max

Oh yeah,
@: "Larry Dick... and his mate "Digger d...": why don't you behave like decent Americans, shame on you! Did I offend any of you? I think not.
You don't have to react in case you're not interested, don't spoil it for the rest of you.
Regards,
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back