What's new
What's new

FS: KDK Toolposts and Toolholders

cinematechnic

Cast Iron
I have some KDK Toolposts and Toolholders for sale. KDK Tools are a well-known and sought-after brand of American made Quick Change Tool Post (QCTP) that are no longer available new. KDK Tools was founded in 1950.

The KDK system has the unique feature that all the sizes (except, I believe, for the smallest 00 size) have the same dovetail dimensions so the various holders are interchangeable between the different series toolposts. So, for example, you can use the 03 holder with the 100 toolpost, or the 102 holder on the series 0 toolpost.

They were originally made in Southgate, CA and the company later moved to Flagstaff, AZ before closing sometime around 2010. The KDK items I have were made in the CA facility.

Some of the toolholders I have were made by JFK Co. Precision Products in Burbank, CA. These holders are fully compatible with the KDK Toolposts.

*If I there are any errors in the information I have provided here, please post if you know the correct info.*

All items are clean, no dirt, no grease, no rust. They have the proper flat tip or dog point set screws to hold the tools.

Avoid the eBay markup and get Made in USA quality tools.

KDK series 100 Set:

*KDK 100 size Quick Change Toolpost
For lathes with 12 - 16” swing (152 - 203mm center height)
Toolpost dimensions: 2.5” wide, 3.5” long, 2.25” high

*KDK 102 Threading and Facing Bar Combination 1/2” capacity 1.5” OAH

*KDK 207-1 Knurling Tool with 1 straight and 2 diamond knurls, 2” OAH

*JFK D3 (equivalent to KDK 203) Extension Turning Bar Combo 3/4” capacity, 2.5 OAH

*Parting Bar Combination (similar to KDK 104) for 1/2” bits and 5/8” cut-off blade (no Mfr stamp) 1.5” OAH

OAH = OverAll Height of toolholder

Price for set $395.-

Shipping cost is additional, based on buyers location and requirements, but shipping cost will NOT be marked up.

Payment via: Cash (if local pick-up), Check (must clear prior to shipping), PayPal (buyer pays 2.9% fee), bank transfer (if international).

Attachments

• KDK_100_set_221k.jpg
    KDK_100_set_221k.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
The KDK system has the unique feature that all the sizes (except, I believe, for the smallest 00 size) have the same dovetail dimensions so the various holders are interchangeable between the different series toolposts. So, for example, you can use the 03 holder with the 100 toolpost, or the 102 holder on the 00 toolpost.
Are you contradicting yourself here? It looks like you say nothing interchanges with 00 size and then you say toolholders will fit all including 00, am I missing something?
How does this KDK compare in size to Aloris?

They are shorter and with the handle on the side you have better visibility. Our's is similar to an AXA Aloris, but I'm not sure what model it is...

...It looks like you say nothing interchanges with 00 size and then you say toolholders will fit all including 00, am I missing something?...

Sorry that was a typo. And I thought I had proofread enough times!

I can confirm that series 0 toolpost will work with either 0x holders (03, etc.) or 10x holders (102, etc), and that the 0x holders will work on the series 100 toolpost. The 20x toolholder as well as the JFK D3 will work on the 100 toolpost. I haven't tried them on the series 0.

I have never seen a series 00 in person (I understand they are very rare). They tend to go for big money on fleaBay.

JFK is still around but the KDK compatible JFK holders are discontinued. My workshop is driving distance from their shop and I buy expanding mandrels and the like from them.

Kit #2 KDK Series 0

Second, smaller size kit I have for sale:

KDK 0 size Quick Change Toolpost
For lathes with 8 - 12” swing (102 - 152mm center height)
2.25” wide, 3” long, 1.62” high

Suitable for: Habegger JH-102, Hardinge DV-59, TFB-H, HLV, HLV-H, Schaublin 102 and other lathes in this size range.

KDK 03 Extension Turning Bar Combo - 3/8” or 10mm tool capacity

KDK 04 Parting Bar Combination - 3/8” or 10mm tool bit & P2 cut-off blade (blade included)

A3 Toolholder (similar to KDK 03 but no Mfr stamp, may be JFK but can't say for certain)

Condition is similar to Kit #1 (series 100). Good working condition, toolpost disassembled, cleaned and lubricated, decent but not perfect cosmetics, no dirt, grease or rust.

Toolpost and holders as described above: $295.-

Offers will be considered, as well as trades of Hardinge or Schaublin tooling items. I can send my "want" list via PM or email if you have items you'd like to trade.

Attachments

• KDK_0_Kit_1280w.jpg
    KDK_0_Kit_1280w.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 249
Inbox No Longer Full...

Sorry did not know my inbox was full - I got no notification from the forum. I have now cleared up some space so I can receive PM's. Apologies to anyone who tried to message and got blocked by the site.

Updated pricing

I've given some though to this offer. I hadn't considered that the KDK 207 Knurling Tool and JFK D3 Extension Turning holder are meant for larger lathes than the rest of the items packaged with the KDK 100 toolpost.

The KDK catalog recommends the KDK 207 Knurling Tool for lathes with 15 to 24 in swing. Now I CAN say that it WILL work (I've tested) with the KDK 100 toolpost, and that it WILL work on a somewhat smaller lathe (Hardinge HLV-H with 11" swing). But since it is not optimal for that use I am going to offer it separately.

KDK 207 Knurling Tool $134.-
includes 2 diamond and 1 straight knurl, optimized for 15 - 24" swing lathe (see photo below)

JFK D3 Extension Turning Holder $74.-
3/4 tool capacity, height 2.5", optimized for 15 - 24" swing lathe (see photo below)

KDK 100 Toolpost, 102 and 104 holders as described previously: $229.-

If you want all the items (KDK 100, 102, 104, 207 and D3) I will still offer the package for $395.- (see original post).

The offer and pricing for the KDK series 0 toolpost remains the same.

I will consider reasonable offers and partial or complete trades. I'm generally interested in:

Hardinge 5C spindle tooling (step chucks, chuck closers, etc)
5C metric collets, round, hex or square
Any Schaublin items
Any Swiss tooling
Optical items such as autocollimators, microscopes, etc.

Attachments

• KDK_207.jpg
    KDK_207.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 229
  • JFK_D3.jpg
    JFK_D3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 215
I'm going to be listing the KDK items on cregslist and fleaBay soon if no one here grabs one...

I'm open to trades. I need:

Hardinge 5C / 4º taper collet closers:
2" regular depth
2" extra depth
4" extra depth
5" regular depth

Used 5C step chucks 2-3-4-5"

Multifix tool holders size A and E
Tripan tool holders size 1xx

Any Swiss tooling
Any micro tooling

Regarding the KDK 207 Knurling tool (see post #8 in this thread), I've determined that the knurls are:

Fine Cross 21 LPI
Fine Straight 21 LPI
Coarse Cross 14 LPI

All items offered in this thread are still available. I'll eventually get to fleaBay and cr*igslist ads, so if you've been lurking, get in touch. Offers will be considered.

Back