What's new
What's new

FS: Kennedy Machinist Tool Chest parts (metal drawer pulls, dividers, slides)

crrmeyer

Stainless
FS: Kennedy Machinist Toolbox parts

Recently I realized I had way to many Kennedy tool boxes (like the one shown in the first photo) not being used quirreled away at home and at work. So I sold all but one off. Then I found a pile of spare parts I would never need. So here they are. Shipping not included. Probably US Post Office shipping will probably be the cheapest. US sales only.

Kennedy_520_tool_box.JPG

A) 9 metal drawer pulls. Look to be cast metal. Probably came from a Model 520 tool box. Original these were swagged in place. The end of the mushroomed swage was drilled out for removal. I was planning on bottom tapping a 6-32 thread and screwing them in place with short pan head screws but never ended up needing them. Originally meant for 0.18" diameter holes with a 0.76" hole spacing, though you could modify that as needed. $21 for all

IMG_6331.jpg

B) 8 steel drawer dividers, not painted, all are 7.3" long, Heights are 0.62", 1.06" and 1.7", includes 8 metal springs to keep them in place from Pile F. Note some of the springs have surface rust. $11 for all

IMG_6337.jpg

C) 9 steel drawer dividers, green painted, all are 7.3" long, Heights are 0.62" and 1.65", includes 9 metal springs to keep them in place from Pile F. Note some of the springs have surface rust. $11 for all

IMG_6339.jpg

E) 4 aluminum drawer dividers, home made. all are 7.3" long, Heights are 0.81" and 1.5", with 4 Kennedy metal springs to keep them in place from Pile F. Note some of the springs have surface rust. $6 for all

IMG_6334.jpg

F) Pile of spring clips for reference. I may have a couple spare.

IMG_6335.jpg

G) 12 metal drawer slides. There are the old style with the spring retainer clips built-in. They measure 7.6" x 0.67" x 0.32", All for $11

IMG_6336.jpg

Public Service Announcement: If your drawer slides do not pull smoothly, consider removing them and cleaning off the old oil or grease. Then rub the mating surfaces of the drawers, slides and box with block of paraffin wax. It makes a huge difference on reducing the pull force. Paraffin was also does not attract dirt like oil or grease. This technique also works well on similar Snap-On, Mac and Waterloo (who made tool boxes for a semi-defunct retailer who cannot be mentioned here) tool boxers and chests.

Are draw slides still available? I have similar Kennedy Box (3 of them) they look the same as the photo but have the center draw for Machinist Handbook. My slide measured 7.6" X .66" X .31"

Are draw slides still available? I have similar Kennedy Box (3 of them) they look the same as the photo but have the center draw for Machinist Handbook. My slide measured 7.6" X .66" X .31"

I still have the slides.

The slide should fit. Sounds like you have Model 526, which is wider and has the center drawer. If you are interested, please PM me your mailing address asd I'll get the shipping cost.

Back