What's new
What's new

FS Large lot of Multifix C size tooling

mpmar_bt

Cast Iron
Hi all.

I really like Multifix, but have decided to go with a smaller size so I am selling off my collection of C sized Multifix. I have broken them down into three sets. There is also an internal and an external threading tools available as well, but first preference for them goes to someone who buys a set. I do want to sell the first two as sets, but I would consider breaking up the third one if it doesn’t go in a week. After two weeks it’s off to ebay.

I’ll be glad to get more pictures to an interested party.

Thanks for looking

Edit: Adding sizing information - These are for a larger lathe. To give you an idea, I was using them on a Monarch CY 16 (Like Adam Booth's) but I am downsizing. Any smaller machine would't be a good match at all.

Multifix sets “C” sized

Set 1 - $700
New old stock German origin sold by Enco.
Toolpost
BH 40160 Bush/boring bar holder
BS 3 50160 round boring bar holder
Cut off tool holder
CD 40150 Square tool holder
3 CD 32170 Square tool holders
Set1.jpg

Set 2 - $550
Used – all German or Swiss origin
Toolpost stamped J.F. Minder Geneva
CJ 50160 Bush/boring bar holder with a 4MT bush
BS 3 40160 boring bar holder
CD 40160 Square tool holder
3 CD 32150 Square tool holders
Set2.jpg

Set 3 - $350
Used - toolpost is German holders are mixed
Toolpost
CH 50160 Boring bar holder – Swiss made
3 CD 40170 square tool holders – two no name one Enco/Swiss
Set3.jpg

Threading tools – German/Enco new old stock
External threading tool – Missing the tangential thread cutting tool.
ExternalThread.jpg

Internal threading tool
InternalThread.jpg

Last edited:
I am a long time user of Multi-fix. The "C" range is for large lathes with swings over 16". These are very large. I used the "C" range on my 18x56 L&S. They fit perfectly, but I swapped them out for the "B" series because of size & weight. Very good prices though. The threading tools alone are worth the price asked.

Those threading tools are unique to the Multi-fix system and allow, with those levers, very position repeatable quick tool withdrawal and repositioning while single point threading instead of using the cross feed. This feature is very handy when threading metric threads with an English lead screw.

For correct sizing, refer to this site http://www.lathes.co.uk/multifix/

Please note that the recommended max hp of the lathe in choosing the correct size is VERY conservative. I am using a size "B" on a 15 hp lathe with no issues other than having to use a small spacer under the head to center the holder height adjustment range relative to spindle center. Please also note size "E" is also available, which is larger than "D" although not listed.

Also, there is a new design cut off tool holder available, which is even stiffer than the original design. It is offered by PeWe tool. The cut off blades use a beveled upper and lower edge for both designs. The difference in designs is that the new design pulls the top bevel of the tool holder down firmly clamping the blade against the lower bevel across the entire length of the blade, as opposed to earlier designs that pull the blade up against the upper bevel.

Actually size E was added after the fact and falls between A and B I think. Confusing, but I have an E size tool post on a 14 inch machine (16 actual)

Couple pics of the tools marked made in Switzerland. If interested send pm or email [email protected] or phone 306-536-3026

Attachments

• IMG_20171203_132732.jpg
    IMG_20171203_132732.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20171203_132722.jpg
    IMG_20171203_132722.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 247

Back