What's new
What's new

FS LeBlond servo shift spindle and bearings

For Sale, Spindle for a 15" LeBlond servo shift. L0 chuck mount. Includes the chuck nut Very good shape. 250.00, offer, trade. FS a full set of headstock bearings for a 15" LeBlond Regal Servo Shift I paid Jackson Holland 400.00 for them I would like to get my money back, 400.00

Hi Mike
I wonder if since theses bearings are for an LO spindle, even though from a 15” machine might work on my 19”
I am getting close to have my spindle out
It seems as though you have some knowledge of these as would Holland
I just pulled out several cross slide screws from a drawer and plan on making a post to see if anyone can identify them

I have the bearings and spindle now, and since I no longer have the lathe am willing to sell them.

I have the bearings and spindle now, and since I no longer have the lathe am willing to sell them.
I have the spindle out
The bearings are. 498&493b at the face and 33287&33462b in the center
The spindle is 31” long
Every bearing throughout the headstock were rusted, I’m surprised it ran as long as it did
It had to have been like this before I bought it, been climate controlled since I’ve owned it
She might be headed to scrap yard since there are other issues also

I would be interested in the bearings, and possibly the spindle
If you would like to send me a pm, that would be a start
Someone said the other day that the 15” actually shared the same spindle as a 19”
That would be great if correct
I recently purchased a 13” parts machine, described as a 15”
I didn’t want to waste all the gas for nothing, so I went ahead and bought it
I also have a true 15” that I’ll be picking up next week
Now I own a 13-15 and 19, and still don’t have anything running yet

Hi Mike
I wonder if since theses bearings are for an LO spindle, even though from a 15” machine might work on my 19”
I am getting close to have my spindle out
It seems as though you have some knowledge of these as would Holland
I just pulled out several cross slide screws from a drawer and plan on making a post to see if anyone can identify them

15" came with ether L0 or L1 My 15" has an L1, the spindle I sold was an L0. I would think a 19" would be a L1 or L2.

This is definitely a mind boggler
My 19” I swear is a LO, and your 15” has a L1, wow!!
I just looked at a 19” on eBay and the picture of the nut to the 22J collet Chuck looks like it could very well be a L2
Mine has a small through hole, maybe 1-1/2” max
It was built in 56, so I recall
I have the original bill of lading, I’ll take a look
These LO chucks and plates are hard to buy, I have a rack full of the bigger L series chucks, so if I scrap this machine and by another one, I should be able to have chucks for it
I really hate to do that since I have all the tooling above my lathe already
I would have to start all over
I have heard back from Gbent, after he said he had acquired the parts from you
I would think that the LO spindle and bearings would be the bearings I need to save this machine
Another question I have for you Mike, is your 15” machine spindle measure 31” in length?
That’s the length mine is
It’s sounding like these were all over the place depending on when they were built and what size spindle bore each machine came with
The 13” servo I have sitting in the shop, that was supposed to have been a 15” has a LOO spindle in it
I’m starting to wonder if Honda has anything to do with this? Just a joke,,,
They changed their parts every year so no one could swap parts

Back