What's new
What's new

FS: Microprem digital indicators, set of 3

Mike Henry

Titanium
I have 3 of these, which all seem complete though has an odd power plug that will need to be replaced with a standard US 2-prong plug, They appear to be complete fiyth a full range of tips, spare pulbs, adjusting tools, covers, and a manual of sorts. They each have a range of 0-1.100 inch and read in tenths (0.0001"). One is a model 230 and the other 2 are model 231. Not sure of the difference as it is not apparent to me. Some of the tips appear to be carbide and the others steel of some sort. The steel inserts show signs of rust, which might be cleaned up. The plungers on all three are a little sticky at various points in their travel but Starrett M1 Tool and Instrument oil seemed to help a bit there. I'm showing an overall picture of all 3 in their cases and individual images of the displays on each. They fit into the sort of holder that are used for standard dial indicators.

I'm asking $50 each or $100 for all three, plus shipping from 60510.

20191022_194853.jpg20191022_195539.jpg20191022_215615.jpg20191022_220114.jpg

Not sure what you have or where it comes from. Tried googling Microprem 230 but got nothing machining/measuring related. Not clear what the power source is. Is this a field unit, with the head plugged into the box? How is the indicator itself rigged? Range? Use? What is a pulb? The rust and sticky are issues. All in all, too much to take a chance on.

-Marty-

It appears to originally have been sold by Do-All as each of the indicators bears their logo. The range is 0 to 1.1000 inches with a 0.0001 increment. They each run off a standard 120 VAC outlet, though one of the sets has what looks like a European plug on the end. I did verify that one turned on with a standard 110 VAC cord from one of the other units. A cord is plugged into a wall outlet on one end and the case on the other end which apparently is converted to DC for the bulb. There is a small gauge 2-wire cord from the indicator that plugs into another receptacle on the wooden case. Below are some pictures of how I think it was intended to be used, how the power is run, and a closeup of one set of indicator tips. "Pulb" was a typo and was supposed to be "bulb" - the glass display is illuminated with small incandescent bulbs of which several (untested) spares are included. I agree that the rust on the tips and the stickiness of the travel could be an issue, which was why I mentioned them. I hope that clears things up a bit for any interested parties. I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

20191027_215204.jpg
20191027_214717.jpg
20191027_214656.jpg

Mike - Thanks for the additional info. It is an item that interests me, but even beyond the operational questions that still remain, the rust and sticky and who knows what else don't go well with a tenths indicator. Incidently, I did not know Do-All made these, and I could not turn up anything by Googling or with the PM search.

-Marty-

No worries, thanks for taking a look and asking for clarification. BTW, I don't think that DoAll made but just sold them. I looked back in my records and found that I bought these in an Ebay auction back in 2003 so they (and MicroPrem) are at least that old and probably a lot older.

In case it matters, the only rust appears to be on the chisel point steel tips, the others seem to be in good shape. I had each of them opened up to apply instrument oil and saw no internal rust in any of them.

I'm intrigued, if it has the doall logo maybe my new-to-me doall surface grinder could make use of one. I'll respectfully offer $25 plus a FedEx label on my account for one to try out.

I have 3 of these, which all seem complete though has an odd power plug that will need to be replaced with a standard US 2-prong plug, They appear to be complete fiyth a full range of tips, spare pulbs, adjusting tools, covers, and a manual of sorts. They each have a range of 0-1.100 inch and read in tenths (0.0001"). One is a model 230 and the other 2 are model 231. Not sure of the difference as it is not apparent to me. Some of the tips appear to be carbide and the others steel of some sort. The steel inserts show signs of rust, which might be cleaned up. The plungers on all three are a little sticky at various points in their travel but Starrett M1 Tool and Instrument oil seemed to help a bit there. I'm showing an overall picture of all 3 in their cases and individual images of the displays on each. They fit into the sort of holder that are used for standard dial indicators.

I'm asking $50 each or $100 for all three, plus shipping from 60510.

View attachment 268229View attachment 268230View attachment 268232View attachment 268231

Attachments

• ٢٠٢٣٠٢٠٨_٢٠٠٤٠١.jpg
    ٢٠٢٣٠٢٠٨_٢٠٠٤٠١.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Your going to have a hard time selling these here. You just joined today and you only have three post all about selling some of these indicators. These are all flags for a scammer. I'm not accusing you, I am just pointing out how it looks.
Also you need to give more information about them. How many do you have and how much do you want for them.

Back