What's new
What's new

FS Monarch 10EE Large Capacity Toolholders

Machinery_E

Titanium
These fit both the round & square dial EE's.

These came with my '55 EE...were used as the toolpost system on it. They're very handy where you want to use a tool that's too big to fit the Aloris holder and don't want to cut it down to fit. I kept a few and these need a good home!

Apprx. 1.2" High by .53" opening for the toolholder.

Works best for up to 3/4" shank tools-you still need to shim a 3/4" up a bit. A 1" or larger tool, while it fits, is too high above center.

As you can see in the pictures, some of these have a very nice nut that fits the compound, others are so-so.

Asking $40 each including shipping via small flat rate box.

Thanks!

That's a good question!

Also with the '55, it came with a 4 way toolpost. No markings on it, but it was the exact one pictured in the EE parts manual.

Likewise, these don't have markings on them, however they are not in the parts manual.

The holders that have the square head bolts in them are the same style as the 4 way toolpost bolts.

These are hardened, not soft steel so either factory made, or someone did a really nice job.

I think a Monarch made one would have a different mounting stud - they had a stud with a rounded top that was pinned into the t-nut at the bottom. Here's a picture from the 1958 brochure:

10ee_heavy_duty_toolpost.jpg

That being said these look pretty well made and a reasonable copy of the Monarch design.

Ah, that makes sense, what they did is they changed out the studs/nuts to another design/allen bolts. So the holders themselves are Monarch made. Thanks for posting the info!

even the one original tool holder that came with my Hardinge HLVH was not hardened at all!!! And,they wanted $275.00 EACH for new ones 25 years ago!! I just made up 20 ,milling them out on long sections and slicing them off like bread slices,to simplify cutting the dovetails.. My partner has a HLV,which takes the same tool holders. We now have 10 each. The biggest pita was tapping all those holes! I didn't have a tapper at work. Your holders look excellently made.

Back