What's new
What's new

FS - New Data plates For Harrison M250 / Clausing 11 lathe

mfisher

Hot Rolled
All,

The Harrison M250 data plates generally become illegible with time.

As many of these lathes have this issue, I thought I would post this as a community service / group buy (I know that there are not that many of these lathes out there, so it is not going to be that big a group to get real volume pricing):

I am about to make a run of the data plates for a Harrison M250 lathe (5 plates each: feed engage, speeds, threading, threading dial engagement, change gears chart). My version is the 52-2000 rpm version, but I can do a revision for the higher speed versions. Lower right corners of the plates show the plate number - I am making 996, 999, 1033, 1034, 1035.

The original plates were etched aluminum for most, and then screen printed for the threading dial engagement. I am not set yet on the new ones, but they will either be laser etched aluminum or laser etched engravers plastic (white with black letters, but other colors are possible).

I took the original plates from my lathe, scanned them, and recreated the graphics in PowerPoint. Final sizes and hole locations will be confirmed at the first run. Plates will be cut to size and have holes drilled.

Pricing for the current version: The neighboring print shop gave me a one-off price of $50-75 for file setup and $100-$125 for burning the plates depending on material and how many at a time. Depending on if/how many people would want, costs should be no more than $125-$150 per set, plus shipping. I am not charging anything for my time making the files for this version. If you have another version, I would have to see how many plates are different.

Send a PM or respond to this thread if you are interested. I will leave this open for a couple weeks, see if there is any interest, then get final pricing.

Thanks.
Matt

All,

The Harrison M250 data plates generally become illegible with time.

As many of these lathes have this issue, I thought I would post this as a community service / group buy (I know that there are not that many of these lathes out there, so it is not going to be that big a group to get real volume pricing):

I am about to make a run of the data plates for a Harrison M250 lathe (5 plates each: feed engage, speeds, threading, threading dial engagement, change gears chart). My version is the 52-2000 rpm version, but I can do a revision for the higher speed versions. Lower right corners of the plates show the plate number - I am making 996, 999, 1033, 1034, 1035.

The original plates were etched aluminum for most, and then screen printed for the threading dial engagement. I am not set yet on the new ones, but they will either be laser etched aluminum or laser etched engravers plastic (white with black letters, but other colors are possible).

I took the original plates from my lathe, scanned them, and recreated the graphics in PowerPoint. Final sizes and hole locations will be confirmed at the first run. Plates will be cut to size and have holes drilled.

Pricing for the current version: The neighboring print shop gave me a one-off price of $50-75 for file setup and $100-$125 for burning the plates depending on material and how many at a time. Depending on if/how many people would want, costs should be no more than $125-$150 per set, plus shipping. I am not charging anything for my time making the files for this version. If you have another version, I would have to see how many plates are different.

Send a PM or respond to this thread if you are interested. I will leave this open for a couple weeks, see if there is any interest, then get final pricing.

Thanks.
Matt

hi Matt,

I am interested in a plate for my Clausing 11”

Can you sent a pic to my email [email protected]

Thank you
Don Hudson

I would check around local trophy shop ran of small run of plates for Okuma and TOS lathes for around $40 each and thats Canadian dollars so about $28 US. That included setup but no holes.
Bob

Back