What's new
What's new

FS NNJ South Bend 10k Bed and Underdrive with Motor and Switch

itsmeBernie

Hot Rolled
South Bend 10k or possibly 9in Owners

If you are interested in converting your back-drive machine to underdrive...
For sale is a South Bend underdrive table complete with underdrive mechanism and original 3/4 hp 3phase motor.
**I HAVE NEVER MADE THE CONVERSION, so I am not making any claims for what else would be necessary for you to complete your conversion, but the underdrive unit itself, below the table, is complete and original to this table an unmoved. You would have to finish it.

There is a 10k lathe bed still on top, but I can't attest for what parts would be necessary to complete anywhere above the table, as most of the machine is removed. I think the only thing is a rod to make the machine shut off if the belt cover is opened?

$125
Already on wooden skid
Easy access to load
Located in Linden NJ

Quick, easy sale (complete)

Thank you

Bernie
[email protected]

IMG_9165.jpgIMG_9171.jpgIMG_9167.jpgIMG_9175.jpgIMG_9168.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised there aren't any takers just for the motor and switch, bed, and other odd parts. I don't do this for a living though, so what to I know, hah hah

Bernie

Well this is tempting for my 10k that currently sits on a crude home made stand. How long a bed will it accommodate? Also, I'm afraid to go down into the city! Any chance of you coming upstate anytime?

Sorry I missed your post PonderingJunkman
I also forgot to call out that this table is also Variable Speed, with the handwheel right in the front there.
The bed on the table is 42 inches long, the entire table is approximately 48 inches long.

If it was 100% sale I could work out something for me to meet you part-way? I spent a lot of vacations as a kid up in the Catskills

Bernie

The Table is sold.. I got the asking price by the way, for anyone else out there looking at one, and wondering if it is worth selling.

Thanks everyone for the FS Forum

Bernard

Back