What's new
What's new

WTB Centring Microscope Edge Finder

center scope

Jersey John, Is this what your looking for? I know nothing about them or it. It looks like it's in good shape, paint is very nice,doesn't look abused from outside appearance, Outside of box is pretty funky. Made by Center Scope Instrument CO. Los Angeles. Top shank is 1/2".
There are no other acc. in box,Just the scope. Do you have a stateside drop box?It'll be cheap,But I don't want any English Pesos,Rupees or Zloty. Dave [acme thread]DSC00703.jpgDSC00703.jpg

Last edited:
John will not be surprised to learn that I have an edge finder for a centering microscope that I will sell. It came with an old Center Scope Instrument Co. centering scope. like the one in post #2.

It is a little steel angle plate made of two main parts that are surface ground separately on the top plane. The grind marks come together in such a way that the joint is visible, but is perfectly flush. The dimensions are about 1.32 x .98 x .68 inches.

I see they are still made in the USA, with a different brand name. The edge finder alone has a price of $302 and the scope itself is $476.77, including case.

FINN Center Scope - Penn Tool Co., Inc

I sold my USA Center Scope some years ago, but kept the edge finder, and don't think I ever have used it. I prefer the Japanese center scope I bought back around 1974, which is also still available for $365.35.

SPI 45X Centering Scope - 4-149-7 - Penn Tool Co., Inc

Larry

EdgeFinder 1.jpg EdgeFinder 2.jpg EdgeFinder 3.jpg EdgeFinder 4.jpg

Back