What's new
What's new

FS- Phase Perfect and Transformer

allloutmx

Titanium
items are sold-
Tom-
the Short end of it is, I am moving on with LIFE. My girls are 5 and 6 now, ive missed most of that with not much to show for it in the way of results and I am just not willing to sacrifice any more time for what could be. Not proud of it- not at all how I pictured it going, but on the other hand- this venture has afforded me a hell of a day job, and after 50 hours a week i get to fk off all I want. Im not making any plans for a grand comeback during my mid life crisis years but I am leaving that open as an option. Im keeping my prototrak and one manual lathe. And most importantly- my marriage is still in tact. Its a hell of a fight you boys put up day in and day out. Much respect to the small shops and the one man bands out there that figure out a way to do what you do.

I was really tempted to let you run with "bigger PP" :eek:

Tough decision to make, some would say a sane decision. Your 50 hr/week is low, that's just the time in the shop cranking handles. What about all the time to plan, quote, order material, manage the books..... On the other hand, working for the Man is also going take a lot of "free" time. Your next opportunity will be in 15 years.

Tom

Naw I'm at the 3.50 range. Quitting this CNC machine shop work before a divorce is certainly the best way to go. We all envy you to some degree.

I get the feeling Craig is actually the smart one! At least he definitely has his priorities in the correct order (family first).

Thanks Will. :cheers:

Im plenty smart- but I made some mistakes that probably made all the difference in me making it or not. Hard to say. I would definitely do it differently next time if I were to decided to do it again. But like I said- its the last thing on my mind right now.

Let the record show that this guy is officially a quitter.

Contrast and compare.

Long time member with an established record of knowledge, skill, and talent. Posts a "for sale" advert having made a decision of valuing a family more than other pursuits.

New member, 30-ish posts in, posts an ignorant, shallow, disparaging, assumptive comment of an honorable person doing something honorable.

Let the record show that there's positively no reason to think the newer one anything other than a douche flute.

Contrast and compare.

Long time member with an established record of knowledge, skill, and talent. Posts a "for sale" advert having made a decision of valuing a family more than other pursuits.

New member, 30-ish posts in, posts an ignorant, shallow, disparaging, assumptive comment of an honorable person doing something honorable.

Let the record show that there's positively no reason to think the newer one anything other than a douche flute.

Calm down bro. my QM doesn't give me enough time in the day to post like all you folks so I lurk while taking a dump.

Contrast and compare.

Waaaaaait a second....did you just say I gots knowledge? Skills?

I appreciate you friend. I know you wanted me to see this through...I have my reasons and I feel as though they are just.

Haha!
Listen- the worst part of all this, was not being to keep my word on it. Im a big proponent of a man keeping his word. So to that- I have little to say for myself.

Eh. You can call it quitting if you want. It's more likely just a pause for some consideration. I can't count the number of business owners I've met who started out as one thing and ended up something totally different.

Running machine tools is not the only way to make a living. Could be you'll find something even better.

I remember the member Proturn. I always enjoyed his posts. He seemed to grow very quickly and moved out of his garage into a bigger building with some brand new Hurco machine tools. He seemed to have the world by the tail.

I have no idea what happened, but his posts slowed down and then stopped. Some machinery showed up for sale. Then he made a quick post that he was done with machining and moving on to snow mobile tuning and performance.

Life goes on!

Back