What's new
What's new

FS: Proto 4011 Puller set

johfoster

Cast Iron
A bit of the cross bar was rounded off on one corner, and the skinny long arms are modified at the tip for one off jobs from who knows when. Still a great puller set, only selling because I have multiples.

$90 usd plus shipping If you want them PM me or send me a text 520-401-8117. Thanks

20201207_215751.jpg
20201207_220001.jpg
20201207_220018.jpg
20201207_222331.jpg

A local machinery rebuilder told me to get one of these sets years ago and showed me why -- the arms are straight, so you can grab your favorite clamp and clamp them together. This way the arms don't slip off of the thing you're pulling. I have seen a lot of castings with broken off chunks around the edges where puller jaws started to splay out and put too much pressure on the rim or the workpiece. Not a problem with this set/method.

These Proto/Plomb pullers (along with Posilok and Crane) are my favorites for this reason.

Pro-tip -- on non-critical stuff where you're less worried about the arms splaying, put a rubber band around them to hold them together. It makes it much easier to get things started without one arm slipping off.

I have a set of these I pieced together way back in my teenage years. Still have them to this day. They have been used many of times over the past 45 years. I'd buy this set, but really don't need a second set. Price is fair compared to the price of a new set. Ken

Back