What's new
What's new

FS: Skoda MT3 interchangeable tip Live Center

naru

Aluminum
Selling an older MT3 skoda kit. Comes with all the interchangeable centers and the box. Has been disassembled, cleaned, and greased. Could stand to have the thrust bearing replaced (easily gotten in the US). Still spins true.

Pictures: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Asking $175 obo

It spent its life in an older south bend. They don't have a way to eject live centers so a pickle fork was used.

Throw a 1/2” nut down the bore before inserting the center :) ( I did this for a 1/4 century with my 13”, a couple centers I had did not meet the screw fully retracted)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had one center without the tang. took about 2 minutes to TIG one on. Job done!

I was just a kid! I just did what I was told, no critical thinking involved! I was showed basically how to turn on the machine at 13 and the rest was what I saw others do. Never really gave it much thought as I assumed that's just the tool for removing centers!

I had one center without the tang. took about 2 minutes to TIG one on. Job done!

Good, and much better than "throwing a 1/2" nut down the bore".

I milled a new endcap with a tang on a rotating MT3 TS center that came my way. The original and the new endcaps are in the photographs. The endcaps are a friction fit in the socket at the butt end of the center, the friction coming from an o-ring.
center_c.jpg
center_d.jpg

-Marty-

Back