What's new
What's new

FS: South Bend 16" lathe parts in excellent condition

btm

Hot Rolled
These items were removed from a very nice condition South Bend 16/24 lathe. I would prefer local pickup on most items due to weight. However, I will ship if needed.
I believe the prices shown are fair. However, if I'm out of line on anything, just make a reasonable offer. Please send a PM if interested in anything.

1. 16" Spindle w/ 4 step pulley. Bearings and bearing journals in excellent shape. No scoring or noticeable wear on the bearing journals. ($200 + shipping)
IMG_4312.jpgIMG_4313.jpgIMG_4314.jpg

2. Double tumbler gear box. All gears are in good condition. ($200 + shipping)
IMG_3627.jpg

3. Tailstock with new South Bend spindle. The spindle was installed and never used. It has both inch and metric graduations. The base has no wear. It is from a 16/24 lathe, so the base sat on top of the riser block.($250 + shipping)

4. Banjo bracket with gears. Gears are in excellent condition. ($100 + shipping)

5. Cross feed screw and nut. Very good condition with very little backlash. ($125 + shipping)

Hundreds of views...but no takers yet.
Make an offer...worst that can happen is I say no.

movable lead screw support

Hi,
I am a new member with good/bad habit of bringing old iron back to life. Currently I am working on a 1961 16 inch southbend lathe with a 12 foot bed. The bed and tailstock quill were hardened but heavy use took a toll on both. The tailstock quill socket is badly worn and unlike the early machines, I cannot restore the bore using my Morse taper reamers. Additionally the barrel bore is worn. If you still have the the 16 inch tailstock for sale, I would very much like to purchase it from you for the posted price. Depending on where you live in Pa I might be able come and pick it up.

Thanks,
Latheman

I forgot to ask about an accessory you might have from this lathe. The tumbler gearbox indicates it was a long lathe. Is it possible that you still have the movable lead screw support? I will give $200.00 if you still have it.

Last edited:

Back