What's new
What's new

FS ST. Mary's Spin Roll

demoj21

Stainless
I have for sale an extra St Marys spin roll I have. There is no model number on it, but it looks just like the 525 model I have. I have not used this spin roll but it looks to be in good condition, it came in a package deal in bunch of tooling I bought. I am looking for $415.00 obo. for it, plus shipping. Any questions let me know. Thanks Jason.

Photo Jan 30, 12 00 55.jpgPhoto Jan 30, 12 00 40.jpgPhoto Jan 30, 12 02 05.jpg

That is correct, there are 3 rollers you can spin pins, or punches, in and grind a diameter, to be concentric to the diameter you are holding on in the rollers. Here is a pic of the rollers. These are nice for mold ejector pins, and finish grinding diameters on punches in dies.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 30, 12 00 22.jpg
    Photo Jan 30, 12 00 22.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 332
The big advantage to this tooling is speed. When you have to replace all the punches, prog die for example, and there's several different body OD's you don't have to adjust the "V-block" in the Harig type spin fixtures. If you grind the OD for replacement/new punches a lot then I can see this paying for itself in time savings. No need to remove the fixture either, remove the finished punch and pop in the next size while it's still on the chuck. The only shortcomings for this type of spin fixture is the minimum body length required, there were times I had to use the Harig type head for shorter punch lengths. It also does not do offsets (cams) or index (flats) it just spins concentric to the body. I do not know the OP nor do I have a vested interest with the mfg. I just wanted to throw my .02 in for something that was only used in a few of the many die shops I worked in and liked using this for reducing the OD.

Last edited:
How about $375.00 plus shipping. This is a great way to grind punches. thanks Jason

I still have this, how about $300.00 plus shipping add 3% paypal payment. Thanks Jason

Can't say as I'd need it enough to justify buying it, but it's a tool I didn't know about. Thanks for the post and thanks to AD design for the explanation.

Neil

John,

Pm sent back.

capacity on the spin roll is 1/64- 1 1/4 diameter, parts from 5/8 to 5" long. Fits well on a small hand feed surface grinder.

Metalmagpie, $300.00 plus shipping is the best i can do. On paypal fees i will take a money order for it as well. Thanks Jason

Back