What's new
What's new

FS - starrett micrometer set 0-1 to 5-6 with case

naru

Aluminum
Selling a set of starrett mics. Includes 0-1”, 1-2”, 2-3”, 3-4”, 4-5”, 5-6” and the 3” and 5” standards. Resolution is .001” and all are in good working condition as is the case. I have a better set that I prefer so these don’t get much use anymore.

Pictures at Starrett mic set - Album on Imgur

Asking $500obo

I hate to do this but-

Can’t help but notice that you are here on PM selling things while:.

A) I don’t have the drill bits that you said you shipped . (You did offer to send tracking, and I did say not too worry about if they actually shipped)
This was on 11/5. I don’t see how they could have been shipped on or before 11/5 and not be here yet. NC to Ct, not too far.

B) I don’t have a refund because you said you spent the money and didn’t have the cash to refund me.

C) you don’t seems to be responding to my text any more

For future buyers “good working condition” means just that. The item functions , but is likely to be beat up. This is a Machinist forum, if tapers are beat to crap, this should be disclosed. I bought a Speed chuck that the back plate is beat, including the D1-6 taper . I saw some of this of this on the image in the ad, so I questioned the seller and he assured me it was ok. We seem to disagree on its condition. I can grind the taper, so it will work for me, but :

I think because the seller is a welder/ fabrication guy that he has a different perspective on what good looks like. He probably a decent guy, but I won’t buy from him again.

Edit: just one mans opinion, two sides to every story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Weelllll, that's a pretty harsh critique but I won't disagree with your opinions as they are just that. One text I did not respond to and you sent me an email as I was going to bed last night.

I hate to do this but-

Can’t help but notice that you are here on PM selling things while:.

A) I don’t have the drill bits that you said you shipped . (You did offer to send tracking, and I did say not too worry about if they actually shipped)
This was on 11/5. I don’t see how they could have been shipped on or before 11/5 and not be here yet. NC to Ct, not too far.

B) I don’t have a refund because you said you spent the money and didn’t have the cash to refund me.

C) you don’t seems to be responding to my text any more

For future buyers “good working condition” means just that. The item functions , but is likely to be beat up. This is a Machinist forum, if tapers are beat to crap, this should be disclosed. I bought a Speed chuck that the back plate is beat, including the D1-6 taper . I saw some of this of this on the image in the ad, so I questioned the seller and he assured me it was ok. We seem to disagree on its condition. I can grind the taper, so it will work for me, but :

I think because the seller is a welder/ fabrication guy that he has a different perspective on what good looks like. He probably a decent guy, but I won’t buy from him again.

Edit: just one mans opinion, two sides to every story

What's that even supposed to mean?

Weelllll, that's a pretty harsh critique but I won't disagree with your opinions as they are just that. One text I did not respond to and you sent me an email as I was going to bed last night.

What's that even supposed to mean?[/QUOTE]

It means what it says. Your perspective is *likely* different than a machinist that works with precision fits and grinds and stuff. Not quite the same thing as working with sheet metal and angle iron. Not a personal attack, I can't do fab work for poop.

BTW, I think $400 is probably about twice what those mics are worth IMO. I know they list for well over a grand, but that is brand new, carbide faces, and tenth reading. For the record, and I know it was a steal, I got my 0-6" Mits mic set all new in the plastic and dessicant (carbide faces and tenths, but no friction/ratchet thimbles) for $50 at a flea market, so deals are out there.

What's that even supposed to mean?

So have his drill bits been mailed?

I’m not really looking to beat the guy up, I just want his listings to be accurate and I really want my $415 back.
Or worse case the MT 4 drills-although I suspect I won’t be thrilled about putting them in my pristine tail stock taper, which is why I wanted a refund( the speed chuck arrived after I sent the drill $ and before the drills shipped)
I don’t really have time to massage each one, and I hate having crap on the shelf that’s not usable as is- I’m a little OCD I guess.
On the other hand I figured if the drills were decent, $<$20 each beats $100-15O ea.

Edit, my luck buying here on PM is this:
Everything either exceeds my expectations or is in my opinion -not worthy of being in my shop.

There doesn’t really seem to be much in between- you know the ones - you open the box and say”yup that was worth the $200” and smear some oil on it and throw it in the drawer, waiting to be used.

The exceeds expectations ones are the one that you open and say” holy crap! This thing is brand spanking new and I only paid $100!”

The last category is easy to identify, you look at the fence in my back yard, find the right size dent in the fence picket and look down, it’s the rusty thing with weeds growing out of it.

I would have to agree with you on that sentiment Ripperj. Overall though, I have been impressed with the PM community. Once I identify good sellers, I also tend to be repeat customers.
I have sold stuff on here too. I did have instance where the buyer found an area of modification to the tool by a previous person (that I missed). It didn’t sound like much of a modification and didn’t affect functionality....but that’s not the point. I felt awful and immediately offered a discount and asked if they still wanted the tools. I still feel a bit sorry that I missed something.

I’d love to hear an update from Ripperj and Naru about how they resolve the issue. Naru isn’t refuting the condition of the other items, lack of shipping, no refund available if the items truly haven’t shipped/unhappy customer.....

Not a peep from the seller
No drills
No refund

No good :)

I will give it 30 days(11/25) and file a PayPal dispute

Don't wait the 30 days, get it started! If the drills show up and your happy you can always stop it?

Sometimes it takes me a while to ship items, takes a lot of effort getting things packed to my satisfaction to be able to survive shipping, but I also stay in touch as much as possible........

Good luck,

Kevin

You are a lot more patient than I am. I used E-bay to part out a couple CNC machines. Once I had someone's money the item was shipped either that day or the next. When I order something I expect it shipped promptly so I do the same. Obviously the OP does not deserve the benefit of the doubt here as they gave a snarky unapologetic response.

Email contact with seller today.
Seller indicates he will refund my money this weekend.

Lip service
So much for refund last weekend

Stupid part is I f’d myself
Because the guy was a member here, and we talked a lot on the phone , I was naive enough to send him PayPal friends and family, no fees, but no protection.

Second time I got hosed here. The first did finally get resolved, but I’m busy, I got a real job, I’m trying to get my own product launched and I got a kid in a 50k/yr private university. $415 is chump change to most people, but it’s a bunch of endmills or inserts from Curtis to me

I hate getting hosed, if I dropped the $$ down the storm drain, I’d be irritated for a couple minutes and get over it :)
Emo rant off
:)

I see he was posting here on Southbend topics the last couple days, no word to me on my money

Lip service
So much for refund last weekend

Stupid part is I f’d myself
Because the guy was a member here, and we talked a lot on the phone , I was naive enough to send him PayPal friends and family, no fees, but no protection.

Second time I got hosed here. The first did finally get resolved, but I’m busy, I got a real job, I’m trying to get my own product launched and I got a kid in a 50k/yr private university. $415 is chump change to most people, but it’s a bunch of endmills or inserts from Curtis to me

I hate getting hosed, if I dropped the $$ down the storm drain, I’d be irritated for a couple minutes and get over it :)
Emo rant off
:)

That's worth knowing, next time I send money to somebody i don't know via paypal, I'll probably have to respectfully decline to send it "friends and family" and explain why.

Back