What's new
What's new

FS Starrett No. 25-141 dial indicator, feeler stock 667, steel parallells 384, etc

cfdlighthouse

Plastic
For sale are several vintage starrett items these were tools from my grandfather when he passed and are all in working condition and probably atleast 50 years old, I have more i am just trying to cataloge them

No 25-141 dial indicator .001 to .250 $30.00
No 667 feeler stock .001 to .008 lot of 30 pieces $25.00
No 384 a and g steel parallells (3/8 x 1/2) and (1/8 x 1) 150.00
No 19 steel protractor $30.00
No 711 last word dial indicator .0005 $100.00
No 178a fillet or radius guage $75.00

567 v block and clamp $150.00
271 vblock with rod and clamp $75.00

I am having an issue with pictures here is the link to my craigslist add with pictures and prices

Thanks for looking

Lot of Starrett Machinist Tools - tools - by owner - sale

Starrett No. 567 v block and clamp - tools - by owner - sale

Starrett No. 271 vblock with rod and clamp - tools - by owner - sale

Last edited:
Pictures - sorry it took so long

Pictures
Ep8RJmDl.jpg

XXbpQVol.jpg

NxBeK5il.jpg

OZtSQGul.jpg

fEdMPdml.jpg

8TLYNibl.jpg

I also have these

Starrett 256 .05 to 1.05 $100.00
QhcmHu9l.jpg

Starrett 436 2 to 3 inch rachet $45.00
RMUFzYel.jpg

Brown and Sharpe 1 to 2 inch
InCTKIjl.jpg

starrett 831 small hole guage

strNIubl.jpg

starrett 229 telescoping guage set

9mDD57al.jpg

starrett 670 indicator hole attachment

vKUFvyzl.jpg

starrett 260 grove micrometer

XGFUT5fl.jpg

Thanks again for looking

Last edited:
Marty,

I appologize if i have offeneded anyone, i was just trying to hopefully have some of my grandads old tools go to someone who could use them, I only posted here because a friend of mine suggested it because of the people who would possibly look in this section

I am just curious where you are getting your prices from? Most of what you have for sale will go for around 50% of retail new if in excellent condition and we aren't talking about the sky high prices a place like MSC charges if something isn't on sale. The stuff you have posted is far from excellent as a lot of it looks discolored from exposure. A lot of members take it as an insult if someone new comes on here and tries to sell items at well above market rate.

Ok my appologies, i basically googled all of the itemsand tried to put prices of half of what looked like the like new good condition or 10% or more off what was the lowest used price i could find, everything has been kept wrapped in some kind of oil residue paper which is how i left them so that may be the discoloring or just poor lighting on my part either way like most things for sale everything is negotiable, but again if my adds are such that folks are taking offense, if the moderator reads this just remove them and ill try my luck elseware. Again I meant no harm just following the advice of a friend

Your prices are a bit high, but the problem is too many people are joining up just to sell stuff. The intent was for members to sell stuff to other members, not turn this place into Craigslist or Ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your prices are a bit high, but the problem is too many people are joining up just to sell stuff. The intent was for members to sell stuff to other members, not turn this place into Craigslist or Ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unfortunately the old policies are not being enforced.

Ok my appologies, i basically googled all of the itemsand tried to put prices of half of what looked like the like new good condition or 10% or more off what was the lowest used price i could find, everything has been kept wrapped in some kind of oil residue paper which is how i left them so that may be the discoloring or just poor lighting on my part either way like most things for sale everything is negotiable, but again if my adds are such that folks are taking offense, if the moderator reads this just remove them and ill try my luck elseware. Again I meant no harm just following the advice of a friend

The best thing is to look at completed sales on E-bay and then figure since E-bay nails you for up to 15% in fees take the E-bay completed sale prices and knock off 15% for the price you are willing to sell here for. As for the pics some of the items look corroded and or rusty. Some cameras just make things look worse than they are, I have sold items surplus to my needs and was kind of shocked at how the camera made them look worse than they looked to the naked eye.

P.S. Sending you a PM with an offer on an item.

cfdlighthouse: Since you seem to be a reasonable guy, I would offer the following.

It is sometimes not enough to just follow the "advice of a friend". There are rules governing posts on these forums, and they are plainly stated. Please take note of the READ BEFORE POSTING. It is the "Sticky" at the top of the present forums threads, and makes clear the rules that we are all comfortable with and that we expect posters to, as the man said, read before posting. A number of the rules, including #14, apply to your case. So do come back to PM if you are so inclined, but try to get a feel for how things work first.

-Marty-

Marty,

I did read the faq, #14 specifically relates to ebay which none of my posts link to, and i have none of these tools along twith the others i have not listed here on ebay nor will they be, so it does not apply to my case. I only started craiglist adds because i couldnt get the pictures to post which is what i have linked things to until i could get my imgur account straight, i did heed the suggestion in the faq about not being a seller only, however I thought perhaps the folks on this forum might appreciate the tools i had for sale and as i have learned in selling, things are worth what people are willing to pay not necessarily what they are listed for. Like i have maintained I meant no disrespect to anyone here, for those that have inquired and purchased some of the items I thank you and hope that bring value to your occupation or hobby.

Disc micrometer arrived promptly, well packed and in good shape, thanks!

Back