What's new
What's new

FS: Taper Attachment for a South Bend 13" (CL8145B) Lathe

naru

Aluminum
Selling the taper attachment from my old south bend 13" toolroom lathe. The lathe itself is in a state of steady decline, it's been asked to do too much with too many inexperienced people using it for the odd jobs a marina might ask it to do. The Taper attachment seems to have never been used and is in excellent condition. It's spent the past decade or two locked up entombed in a layer of cutting oil varnish. All of the bearing surfaces are pristine with factory flaking still like new on the surfaces. Has a bunch of staining and discoloration but I couldn't get it to come off when I removed it to break it down and clean it.

Make me a reasonable offer. Can come with or without the cross feed screw assembly. If you want I have a brand new assembly that I'd sell for a good price with the unit. I'll consider any reasonable offer or trades for tooling. Chucks, Collets, MT4 tooling, CXA stuff, etc...

You can find better, non downscaled, not a pain the ass to upload at full res, and additional photos here: South Bend 13" Taper Attachment - Album on Imgur

Come pick it up in Eastern NC or i'll ship it on your dime. I can break it down and fit most everything in a couple flat rate boxes I believe. Assembled will likely cost quite a bit more.

Call/text or email:
Stephen
252-670-8907
[email protected]

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg
image5.jpg

Back