What's new
What's new

WTB Hardinge tooling - Model 7 vertical slide cutoff, drill holder, knee tools, etc.

Isaac S

Plastic
I'm looking for a vertical slide cutoff for a split bed Hardinge (ESM model). From what I can find, the Model 7 slide comes closest to fitting this lathe, and needs just a bit of modification. If you have a spare one laying around, I need one. I'd prefer a complete one, as shown below, although I'd consider one with missing parts. I can supply a blade if needed.

hardinge-cutoff.jpg
Hardinge Model 7 vertical slide cutoff

I am also looking for 5/8" shank turret tooling. Specifically looking for drill holders (Brookfield GA-12 or similar) and knee tools (Hardinge TK-5/8, T4, or DSM-1) right now.

brookfield-ga-12-toolholder.jpg
Brookfield GA-12 tool holder

tk-58.jpg
Hardinge TK-5/8 knee tool

t4-58.jpg
Hardinge T4-5/8 knee tool

dsm-1.jpg
Hardinge DSM-1 knee tool

I might also be interested in other turret or cross slide tool holders. Maybe a box or balanced turning tool? I am setting this split bed lathe up for making a variety of parts, so don't yet have a real firm grasp on what I need. The next year or two will be a real learning process, and the more tooling I have, the better my education will be. If you have something you think I might need, please let me know.

I can pay with PayPal or send you a check or money order. In case it matters to you, my shipping zip code is 19344.

I have spares for sale of most tooling for the ESM or DSM turret lathes, probably more stuff than you want to buy.

Back when I began using my turret, I had to buy expensive new tooling from Hardinge and Somma, so I adopted a policy of not buying until I saw I actually needed something. As used stuff became available and I became more familiar with turret tooling, I bought anything that looked like I might use it some day. I have not done turret work for many years, so I am perfectly happy to sell off some of the tooling. I still use some of the turret tools in the conventional tailstock for one-off parts, especially the die heads and knurling tools.

I sent my contact info by email and private message.

Larry

Back