What's new
What's new

FS: TdeG 9-inch, Four Jaw Chuck (update)

bug_hunter

Aluminum
For sale or trade is a TdeG (Spanish Company) 9-inch, 4-jaw independent, plain back chuck.

$225 (OBO) + Shipping (I think it should fit in a medium flat rate box, but I will ship by whatever method you like.) PayPal (friends and family) or VENMO. If your relatively close, and the price is right, I may be willing to make a little drive to meet for the swap.

Also, I am looking for a 6-inch, four jaw independent chuck with a threaded back plate (My SB9 has a 1-1/2 – 8 spindle). If you have one your looking to move, perhaps with can work that into the deal.

Let me know if there are any questions, or if additional photos are needed. Please note that the price includes the chuck only, no mounting plate.

IMG-0712.jpgIMG-0710.jpgIMG-0709.jpgIMG-0714.jpg

Still available.

If you have a use, make me a reasonable offer. Just looking for someone to get some use out of these.

Have a great weekend!

Do you know the max RPM for that chuck?

According to the most current TdeG catalog I could find, they no longer produce a 9-inch, four-jaw, independent, one-piece jaw chuck. But in reviewing the catalog, the 8-inch max RPM is 3,056, and the 10-inch max RPM is 2,445, so I would estimate it around 2,750 based on the other two diameters.

Let me know if you need anything else.

For sale or trade is a TdeG (Spanish Company) 9-inch, 4-jaw independent, plain back chuck.

$225 (OBO) + Shipping (I think it should fit in a medium flat rate box, but I will ship by whatever method you like.) PayPal (friends and family) or VENMO. If your relatively close, and the price is right, I may be willing to make a little drive to meet for the swap.

Also, I am looking for a 6-inch, four jaw independent chuck with a threaded back plate (My SB9 has a 1-1/2 – 8 spindle). If you have one your looking to move, perhaps with can work that into the deal.

Let me know if there are any questions, or if additional photos are needed. Please note that the price includes the chuck only, no mounting plate.

View attachment 317453View attachment 317454View attachment 317455View attachment 317456

“S.A. TALLERES DE GUERNICA

About as Basque (a great deal OLDER than "Spain") as experienced metalworking ever gets:

About - TDG

They know their metalworking, that part of the world. See Lascaux and Altamira cave art.

How about a "Mother's Day Sale?"

TdeG (Spanish Company) 9-inch, 4-jaw independent, plain back chuck.

$190 (OBO) + Shipping (I think it should fit in a medium flat rate box, but I will ship by whatever method you like.) PayPal (friends and family) or VENMO.

See pictures above. Let me know if you need any additional information.

You don’t have a reputation here, no ones buying it with PayPal friends and family that’s suspect as hell. PayPal merchant with buyer protection is what should be done or cash in person.

Weight the chuck, if it’s over 70Lbs you can’t ship it flat rate.

And find out if it does or does not fit in a flat rate box, not maybe.

You don’t have a reputation here, no ones buying it with PayPal friends and family that’s suspect as hell. PayPal merchant with buyer protection is what should be done or cash in person.

Weight the chuck, if it’s over 70Lbs you can’t ship it flat rate.

And find out if it does or does not fit in a flat rate box, not maybe.

In response to BrewBob's several concerns, assuming that others also share some of them:

- Can't get a reputation for a reputable sale, unless someone takes the chance for the first sale.
- Any payment method would be fine, I figured PP-FF was the easiest, I've never been paid via PayPal-merchant. I will accept PayPal, Venmo, and of course CASH.
- The chuck, key, and bolts weighs in at 36 pounds, under the 70 pound USPS flat rate limit.
- The chucks is 9"x9"x3", so it will fit in a flat rate - medium, side load box. Currently $15.50.

I'm not looking to get rich, or rip anyone off. I am just trying to put his chuck into someone's hands that could get some use out of it.

Hope you all have a great Friday, and an even better weekend! :cheers:

PayPal merchant works the same way as friends and family, they just charge like 4%~ for the insurance and if the buyer gets shafted they can get the money back is all.

And no you don’t have to risk anything to build a reputation here, be present and active an you’ll soon have one.

Many have a reputation that precedes them here.

Your reply is proper, you should of lead with that!

I'm not familiar with the medium side load box, by the dimensions you provided I would use a Large flat rate box for chuck body, line bottom with 1/2" cardboard, place chuck in box and fill sides with sheet cardboard, 1/2" layer of sheet cardboard over top. Box should be slightly bulgy, tape the heck out of it, makes sure every square inch is taped, don't skimp on tape. Ship jaws separately in a small flat rate box, taped well, that is how I would do it.

I'm not familiar with the medium side load box, by the dimensions you provided I would use a Large flat rate box for chuck body, line bottom with 1/2" cardboard, place chuck in box and fill sides with sheet cardboard, 1/2" layer of sheet cardboard over top. Box should be slightly bulgy, tape the heck out of it, makes sure every square inch is taped, don't skimp on tape. Ship jaws separately in a small flat rate box, taped well, that is how I would do it.

Agreed, if it escapes they’ll never track it back down.

And the jaws, are you suggesting use a small flat rate box inside the large flat rate or all together separate?

Per the USPS website:

Medium Flat Rate Box — 2 (side-loading)
$13.75 Commercial Base

$15.50 at Post Office & Online

Outside: 14″ x 12″ x 3 1/2″

Inside: 13 5/8″ x 11 7/8″ x 3 3/8″

And the chuck is 9x9x3, how much padding does that leave for the 3" dimension? No joke, the sorting conveyors move at 70mph and use baseball bats to do the sorting. At end of conveyor, it might hit a concrete floor, it is amazing how well they can jack up a box. I've been packing and shipping stuff for 30 years, take it for what its worth. Pic below is a box I received monday, maybe half the weight of the chuck, only thing that kept it together is the tape.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 28
She’s correct I tape my whole box up and pad with cardboard, if it breaks loose it’s getting tossed in the “oops” pile, they have a department Specifically for re-sending packages but it’s probably like two people in the back and I know for a fact IF, and that’s a big IF, they figure out where to send it you still won’t see it for months

I also Cover the whole Shipping label with clear tape

My Post office will give me a roll of their tape.(at one time it was easy to get the roll of tape but too many were getting the free boxes and tape and using it to move) When shipping something like a chuck I cut up as much cardboard as needed to line the bottom and top then fill in sides and finally the corners to be sure the item inside don't move because it will destroy the box from the inside. Then I use the tape to just about completely wrap the outside. I then also cover the shipping label with clear tape. As long as with everything the weight does not exceed 70 pounds it's good to go and I never had a problem.

For heavy items I line all interior surfaces with 1/8 Masonite or door skin plywood . Then use either recycled styrofoam chunks or pieces of heavy wall shipping tubes cut to fit. Then any open spaces are packed tight with crumpled newspaper. All seams are taped with clear packing tape and then several bands on filiment reinforced 3/4 tape in all axis. If you can shake the box when dome and hear/feel the item moving you have not done it right.

agree to all of the above. I had a dingbat of an eBay seller supposedly ship me 2 6" chucks in a large flat rate box with a sheet of newspaper. I got one of them and it was a piece of junk. Got a full refund.

Had another 6" chuck shipped my Clappedoutbridgeport on here, 1/4" of something solid top and bottom, packed with foam and taped up so thoroughly I swear I wore out a box knife getting it open. Everything arrived as it should.

Had a 5" dividing head sent, equally well packed, everything in bags taped to other things. Taped well but not 100% - arrived with a big hole in the side but thankfully nothing missing due to the diligence of the seller.

These boxes get beat to shit and putting large heavy things in them makes that even worse. Pack it as if someone in a big duallie towing a 5th wheel carrying an earth mover is going to run over it.

Back