What's new
What's new

FS: WT Slow Speed Drill Press Attachment

Rick_B

Stainless
Rare WT part number 9D113 slow speed attachment for 15" drill Press. Belts are included (not shown in pictures). Looking for $225 + shipping but reasonable offers are welcome.

Thanks for looking

Rick

WT Slo Speed 1.jpg

WT Slo Speed 2.jpg

Last edited:
Dave, many slow speed attachments do attach that way. I believe W/T machines that are built to take the slow speed unit have a boss as part of the casting that is drilled to accept the threaded rod portion of the attachment. Belt adjustment is made by adjusting the nuts on the rod.

Tom B.

I think Tom got it right - the WT slow speed attaches to a hub on the motor mounting plate. Tension on the spindle pulley belt is indeed accomplished using the adjusting nuts on the slow speed attachment. The motor pulley belt tension is adjusted via movement of the motor in and out

Rick

Rick got the two-stage, independent tensioning accurately described.

The "boss' or "hub" is a sort of "u" shaped pillar with cast ribs up to a solid chunk bored for the shaft in the photo posted above. The hole runs front to back aligned on the centerline of the head, four or five inches up.

The portion sticking up is almost as tall as the plate itself.

If you found the W-T motor mount lying loose, no motor on it, say in the corner of a barn, it might resemble a square waffle-skillet - the low-speed mount as the "handle" with a generous hole to hang it off a hook or nail on the kitchen wall.

I seem to have gotten water or such into my camera, or there'd be a foto rather than so many words!

:)

I have a WT drill press with the slow speed attachment. Works ok, but it is still a small relatively light weight drill press. I can drill 1" holes in alloy steel, but only by multiple step drilling.

L7

Back