What's new
What's new

Gamet R8 boring head with hand and auto feed

millermachine

Cast Iron
This is a Gamet boring head was made in France. A friend bought this new in 70s or early 80s for his shop .He has passed away and I am helping out his wife. The head is in excellent condition and comes with the original packaging. The packaging is worn from years of storage. The boring head has an R8 spindle mount. There are 6 boring bars included. I believe 4 of them are factory bars and 2 where made by him. Also there are 2 adapter bushing for smaller diameter bars. The head has a hand crank feed and also auto feed. Right now the auto feed is set at .0005 per revolution. It also has stops for feeding in and out.
Asking $600.00 That includes shipping in the U.S.
I accept personal checks or postal money orders.
Thanks
Brian

Attachments

• IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1478.jpg
    IMG_1478.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 153
There is another thread here that identifies the shank thread as 15/16-12. There is a ground pilot after the threads. There is a set screw in the side of the head that locks the threaded shank. The original set screw was a brass gib head.

R8 Shank picture

Here is a picture of the R8 shank. The feed collar goes right up against the R8 shank. There are no pin holes in the flange area for a spanner wrench. Does this shank look like the ones that are removable? I have never used this brand of boring head and I am not familiar with how they are made. If some one is sure that it will unthread I will put a strap wrench on it and try to unthread it. Thanks for all advice.
Brian

Attachments

• IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 91

Back