What's new
What's new

Giant sandpaper/lapping paper sale!

Milland

Diamond
And I mean that literally! I have individual sheets as well as boxes of 200 sheets of 3M USA-made 16" x 16" silicon carbide (Wet or Dry) sandpaper in 600 grit. Perfect for lapping or sanding flat larger parts that are a headache when trying to use standard 9" x 11" sheets. Or take advantage of the extra space for fewer replacements.

Actual size is 15.88" square, still more than 2.5 times the size of a standard sheet.

Standard sheets cost ~$.90 to $1.00 each in 50pc sleeves, the prices for these big boys:

1-10pcs - $1.50ea

11-20pcs - $1.25ea

21pcs+ - $1.00ea

Box of 200 - $125.00ea

All plus USPS postage and handling (small cost for heavy cardboard sheets for flat shipping), just postage for boxes of 200pcs. UPS if preferred.

All sheets may have some curl as received, will flatten under vacuum. Water will, as always, increase risk of curl unless sheet is constrained.

Pro tip - buy a cheap 18" x 24" granite surface plate, grind a shallow, narrow groove of ~15.25" square into it, plumb a vacuum source to the groove and suck the paper down for a stable, flat surface. If used wet be sure to add an isolator to keep water from getting into the vacuum source.

Reply here, or pm/email me from my contact info. Paypal is fine, as are checks mailed to me if preferred. Tracking available at extra cost if USPS, I'll send a final quote when number of sheets (weight) is finalized.

Attachments

• 16 inch 600 grit WoD2.jpg
    16 inch 600 grit WoD2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 16 inch 600 grit WoD1.jpg
    16 inch 600 grit WoD1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 169
Wonder if there would also be lapidary uses?? A 12" diameter silicon carbide disk is likely $10. I suspect someone uses 15" disks, likely 2x the cost. Shouldn't be too hard to stick these in place and trim the edges? And for that use, shipping in a cardboard tube might work, since they'd be flattened later.

Apparently the trick here is to pull from the ladies scorebook and play hard to get. Well, I'm not a cheap date!

Who am I kidding, I get drunk on non-alcohol beer...

I need to get some sheets of heavy cardboard to allow flat shipping. Figure at least $20 for shipping costs as these won't fit flat rate envelopes. So you're better off getting more sheets up-front, lessens the bite shipping will take.

I've ordered the cardboard sheets, the sandpaper will be sandwiched (with some sandham and sandmustard) and taped around the perimeter for security. I'll post back here when I get the packing materials in with totals for typical quantities.

I'd sign up for 25 as well, maybe more depending on shipping costs and my temperament that day.

Apparently the trick here is to pull from the ladies scorebook and play hard to get. Well, I'm not a cheap date!

Who am I kidding, I get drunk on non-alcohol beer...

I need to get some sheets of heavy cardboard to allow flat shipping. Figure at least $20 for shipping costs as these won't fit flat rate envelopes. So you're better off getting more sheets up-front, lessens the bite shipping will take.

I've ordered the cardboard sheets, the sandpaper will be sandwiched (with some sandham and sandmustard) and taped around the perimeter for security. I'll post back here when I get the packing materials in with totals for typical quantities.

If I had a production shop, I'd triple that 25, but if shipping is $20, I'm afraid I'm out. (Note to self: Always ask about shipping cost.)

I'll take a box of 200.
CarlBoyd

You lucky, lucky, bastard. What I wouldn't give for a nice box of sandpaper...

OK, you got the last full box. Anyone else who wants some will have to settle for individual sheets.

Your timing's good, I'm about to head to the PO to get quotes for mailing these. I'll get back to you and the others in a bit with the totals.

Shipping/mailing costs for 25 sheets of sandpaper within the US

Hi Guys,
I'll pm the three folks who've already said they want 21-25 sheets, but for anyone else who finds this thread here's the shipping info.

USPS plus a bit for the cardboard backers will be $15 if you're close to NH, out to CA or WA will be $18.

UPS will likely be a buck or two cheaper.

More sheets will up the cost a bit due to weight, but not linearly, figure 50 sheets would be another $7-$10, maybe less.

I don't have a lot left after sending out the boxes, so if anyone else besides the guys above want some please contact me soon.

And I think that does it, folks. Unless somebody who's already said they want sheets or boxes changes their mind, the remainder is for my needs.

If more frees up I'll post back here. Some payments already made, and everyone who's said they want some has been contacted.

Back