What's new
What's new

Granite Surface Plate - 3'x4'

mikeyjones

Aluminum
You guys know the old story, guy goes to an auction only wanting 1 surface plate, ends up with 5. Well, I'm that guy. I paid $175 for each at the auction, then only another $950 to get them home.

To help me recoup some of my stupidity, I'm starting with the biggest one of them. I don't know the history other than the machine shop it belonged to is moving.

$300 and it's yours.

21-06-02 15-59-30 1947.jpg

21-06-02 16-00-26 1948.jpg

21-06-02 16-00-37 1949.jpg

If you can throw one of those, you're a better man than I. It's enough of a challenge moving a smaller one around to a different bench.

Well some of them are on wheels, the others required some floor jacks and sheer force of will to move.

Let he among us who has not made a stupid purchase cast the first stone...

Sorry. "Unable". Old age thing.

The 4-ledge Herman Grade A four foot by only THIRTY -inch is thicker than sin of a Saturday night on Lockhart Road, Wanchai .. weighs about 1250 Mike Foxtrot Avoir.
And it is the third LEAST massive of my menagery.

I shall have to pass. Well the bugger DOES "pass" and rather nicely ..through a 36" wide doorway.

Over to he who purchased LIGHTER foolishness, then.

Dammit.

Never was all that comfortable LOSING any sort of con-test!

:(

You guys know the old story, guy goes to an auction only wanting 1 surface plate, ends up with 5. Well, I'm that guy. I paid $175 for each at the auction, then only another $950 to get them home.

To help me recoup some of my stupidity, I'm starting with the biggest one of them. I don't know the history other than the machine shop it belonged to is moving.

$300 and it's yours.

View attachment 322204

View attachment 322205

View attachment 322206

Would make a nice headstone.....:D

Back