What's new
What's new

Granite Surface Plate/Inspection Tables in San Diego

heyitsmeben

Plastic
Up for sale I have two different granite surface plates/inspection tables/machine bases. Both of these are from older (1980's vintage) high precision machines which have been disassembled.

The first is from a Giddings & Lewis 1808 DCC coordinate measuring machine (CMM). This granite table is 54" wide, 37.5" deep overall (29.25" usable depth), and measures 30" from the bottom of the base to the top of the backsplash. The backsplash is 22" tall. There are threaded fixturing holes spaced in a 6.25" x 9" grid. The base is 8" thick.

The second is from an Excellent OPIC II PCB drilling center. This granite table is 54" wide and 50" deep. The tabletop is 24.5" from the ground and it has two built-in granite "legs". The tabletop is 6.25" thick. There are a few smooth bore holes on the far right side of the table where the gantry was bolted. No threaded inserts on this table.

Both are very heavy -- around 1700lbs each -- and would have likely been Grade A or Grade AA when manufactured. They have not been checked or "calibrated" in many years so you would want to do that in any case. Considering that a brand new surface plate or fixture table of the same size would cost many thousands of dollars, I'm listing these at $575 each or best offer.

Located in El Cajon California, a few blocks from Gillespie Field. Happy to show them to you, just send me a message to set up a time.

Photos of the Excellon are attached.

excellongranitetable1.jpgexcellongranitetable2.jpgexcellongranitetable3.jpgexcellongranitetable4.jpg

Do you still have the cross rail from the CMM?

L7

On edit, sorry, never mind. Not the type of CMM that has a cross rail.

Do you still have the cross rail from the CMM?

L7

On edit, sorry, never mind. Not the type of CMM that has a cross rail.

I do have a bunch of automation parts including large ballscrews (60"), linear guides, servomotors, VFD's, etc. If you need anything in particular you're welcome to send me a message and I can see what I have.

Back