What's new
What's new

WTB Hardinge HC Tooling (3 & 4 jaw chucks and other misc)

Chips Everywhere

Cast Iron
I would like to get some chucks and some other tooling for my Hardinge HC Chucker.

I attached pictures of the tooling that I am looking for from the machine catalog.

I would prefer for chucks and tooling to be Hardinge.

- 6in 3 jaw chuck with reversible jaws, threaded spindle mount.

- 6in 4 jaw chuck with reversible jaws, threaded spindle mount.

- 2 jaw chuck, threaded mount.

- Vertical cut-off slide

- Bed Adapter

Please send a me PM if you have some of this tooling and want to part with it. It may take me a day or two, but I will get back to you.

Thanks

IMG_6018.jpgIMG_6019.jpgIMG_6020.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'll have a 6" 3-jaw adjust tru Buck chuck (no top jaws) that would fit when I pick it up with some other stuff next week. I'll have to have it in hand to confirm the spindle diameter and thread pitch of the backplate, but it was next to a Hardinge lathe in the auction. I'll check back in with pics and dimensions next week.

got the chuck today and it's a beaut - Buck 2063R Adjust-tru 3 jaw. Master jaws are tight, no discernable wear on the scroll, teeth or jaw slots. Spindle thread is 2 3/16 - 10tpi as best as I can determine, which makes sense as there were a couple of Hardinge lathes in the auction and one of the other chucks came with a tapered backplate. Threads and register look good.
IMG_0021.jpg
IMG_0017.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg

got the chuck today and it's a beaut - Buck 2063R Adjust-tru 3 jaw. Master jaws are tight, no discernable wear on the scroll, teeth or jaw slots. Spindle thread is 2 3/16 - 10tpi as best as I can determine, which makes sense as there were a couple of Hardinge lathes in the auction and one of the other chucks came with a tapered backplate. Threads and register look good.
View attachment 323807
View attachment 323808
View attachment 323809
View attachment 323810
View attachment 323811

If you are missing the hard top jaws, I have some extra sets of new ones for sale. Note that Buck top jaws are their own design and not the American Standard tongue and groove type.

Larry

Rick, the chuck is currently (hopefully) somewhere between San Antonio and its destination right now, but I have another chuck I'll PM you about.

Back