What's new
What's new

I bought at least 3000lbs of Go/No go Thread gage, Ring gage and bore gage

jhark

Plastic
If any one has an interest let me know..
Three loads in my Jeep and you could feel it.
Tubs of Oiled and dipped things.. Bags of smaller ones Plugs Thread and rings gauges up to 6"
Names on them are Vermont, Hemco, Durplate, Titan, Marh.
Should I sell them or Scrap them?

Any suggestions welcome....

Thanks, Joe

Why? :confused:

Gage items like this are almost useless without proper certs. Anyone wanting to buy from you will need to have them inspected (at considerable cost), unless it is the homeshop guys....

How much time d'yah figure you have left on-planet?

Other than one recent optimist (who just DID buy the entire lot of them...) the next-largest market may be as contraceptive devices.

Place between the knees. Duct-tape legs together to hold in-place, reduce risk of pregnancy.

Works even better if it is the FEMALE who does that.

I'd like to know more about the 1.5"-3" ring gages you have: pricing, condition, sizes...
Thread plug gages above 7/8" interest me too.

Last edited:
I would go through them, take pictures and put them all on Ebay. Advertise them as being in pristine condition, with a buy it now price of about 1.5x what a new one is.

Well, that's what everyone else on ebay does, isn't it? :icon_bs:

Seriously, if you put them on ebay, someone will buy them.

Match them up and list on Ebay and here at a reasonable price.
I bought a set not too long ago off Ebay. I dbl check with wires and thread mikes.
It's kind of hard to wear out a plug gauge.
Not everyone has to have certified gauges.

Place between the knees. Duct-tape legs together to hold in-place, reduce risk of pregnancy.

Works even better if it is the FEMALE who does that.

Uh, Bill? I don't want to speculate about your knowledge of female anatomy, but I've been around enough to know that there's a little more flexibility available to get around such obstacles...

[In typing "obstacles" I first had a misspelling that suggested "obstetrics" as a replacement. I almost just went with it as suitable]

Uh, Bill? I don't want to speculate about your knowledge of female anatomy, but I've been around enough to know that there's a little more flexibility available to get around such obstacles...

[In typing "obstacles" I first had a misspelling that suggested "obstetrics" as a replacement. I almost just went with it as suitable]

LOL! "Fair point, Miss Steele".

But I said "reduce"...not eliminate.

Whom would - or could - even "make the acquaintancce of..." A guy, Gal - or whimsy - with over 3,000 lbs avoir of gage-grade steel - much of it in protective covering - duct-taped between their knees?

OY! Talk about a "bikini wax"?

Bad enough some poor sod had the lot of it on the brain..

:(

Whom would - or could - even "make the acquaintancce of..." A guy, Gal - or whimsy - with over 3,000 lbs avoir of gage-grade steel - much of it in protective covering - duct-taped between their knees?

They say there is a website for everything. Probably even that. They probably have conventions.

If any one has an interest let me know..
Three loads in my Jeep and you could feel it.
Tubs of Oiled and dipped things.. Bags of smaller ones Plugs Thread and rings gauges up to 6"
Names on them are Vermont, Hemco, Durplate, Titan, Marh.

Any suggestions welcome....

Thanks, Joe

P.M. sent.

I’d take a set metric and standard up to about 1 inch sizes fine and coarse thread and a few ring gages assorted but not too big no bigger they 1.5 inch
Let me know on price I’m not picky
Thanks Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back