What's new
What's new

I received much more than I expected in this deal,

nc5a

Cast Iron
Every now and then one gets way more than could ever be expect. Such is the case with this deal/thread:

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...2-norton-6-x-18-surface-grinder-parts-373799/

I clearly expected to get the parts but what I got was more than expected. First thing I noticed was Aaron's excellent communication skills. Right up front he says he is going to add a little extra to the shipping for packing materials. I agreed since I've been there before. Everything takes time and cost money.

The parts arrived in 5 boxes, 3 via USPS and 2 via UPS. Every box was packed as though the space for each part in the box was computer generated ahead of time to maximize the number of parts that would fit. Next thing I noticed was every part was washed, rinsed and individually wrapped in bubble wrap. Then all corners and the few empty spaces had rigid foam board hot glued in place. For the long parts he built the boxes out of wood and then wrapped the wood with cardboard so UPS wouldn't charge an extra fee.

Then Aaron included an original parts manual and lubrication manual in a bubble envelope. Then he printed up 11 X 17 drawings of the parts book on heavy weight paper. Rolled them up put them in a cardboard tube. Also in the box was a flash drive with photos of all the parts and a pdf file of the parts and operation manual.

What a deal! Thanks Aaron.

Back