green- 5 3/8 X 2 X 1/2- $15
White- 3 7/8 X 1 5/8 X 1/4- $14

TUBES IN QUANTITIES OF 100:

3/4x3 1/2- $26
3/8x2 1/2- $24
1/4 x2 1/2- $24
7/16x2- $24
DSC06459.jpgDSC06978.jpg

well, you can get the tubing in 4' lengths for $1 from McMaster and 100 caps is $9, so it's cheaper to just buy from them (assuming it's not the only reason and ignoring shipping) than it would be to buy it from you. IF you weren't charging so much, I'd buy it from you.

I am on a tablet, it deleted Steve-o message when I tried to add to it.

Steve, why be a jerk. If you dont like his price, dont buy from him. Stop sounding like an angry old man

well, you can get the tubing in 4' lengths for $1 from McMaster and 100 caps is $9, so it's cheaper to just buy from them (assuming it's not the only reason and ignoring shipping) than it would be to buy it from you. IF you weren't charging so much, I'd buy it from you.

My prices are with shipping included.

Steve, why be a jerk. If you dont like his price, dont buy from him. Stop sounding like an angry old man

Well said, although I do agree with the sentiment behind Steve's post. I have been to several shows at which vendors had boxes of these empty tubes free for the taking. They are cheap and flimsy, and in big-batch mfg runs each one probably represents a cost to make of a couple of pennies.

-Marty-

After talking with a member here, I will lower my prices to a more realistic price. The original prices were pulled off the manufacturers website.

That being said, here are my prices:

red-5 3/8 X 2 X 1/4 thick- $10
green- 5 3/8 X 2 X 1/2- $10
White- 3 7/8 X 1 5/8 X 1/4- $10

TUBES IN QUANTITIES OF 100:

3/4x3 1/2- $15
3/8x2 1/2- $12
1/4 x2 1/2- $12
7/16x2- $12

Why would anyone buy insert boxes? The only reason I keep an empty is to remind me to order more. As soon as I re-order the thing goes in the trash.

Why would anyone buy insert boxes? The only reason I keep an empty is to remind me to order more. As soon as I re-order the thing goes in the trash.

One rare reason could be if you had a wire or other and wanted to make and sell some special or form tools.
You would want new boxes (trays) and you would not want to buy the minimum order case qty.
More than one shop has asked me for a handful of new trays to package a range of small things that they were making and selling.
Small precision steel details. The order is also small, how to pack and ship so they will not be damaged?
There is a use for such but it's not common. I get such requests maybe 2-4 times a year.
Bob

Really? Using MM prices then, his price for pre-cut and delivered tubing looks pretty reasonable. What's your time worth?

JMHO

-Ron

Really? Using MM prices then, his price for pre-cut and delivered tubing looks pretty reasonable. What's your time worth?
-Ron

A very good point, cutting and deburring this stock is a real pain and time eater.
For someone not on the clock not such a big deal.
I've worked in production shops who do this with a HF saw and hand work. It made no sense to me until they told me that they do not track packing time and this part of the process was free.
Bob

I am on a tablet, it deleted Steve-o message when I tried to add to it.

It isn't like Don is charging a sales commission to sell on this forum. Selling here is a privilege and should be for the benefit of the community. These things the OP is selling cost pennies and specifically nothing for the OP, yet he is selling at prices that are clearly a ripoff. Prices of anything for sale on this forum should reflect fair value. The OP is out of line. Yes, in this respect, I am an angry old man. I have sold some items here, because I no longer require them and perhaps they might be usable to another member and when I do I sell them without profit in mind. If the OP wants to benefit this community as a contributing member, he should distribute these at cost, not profit.

It isn't like Don is charging a sales commission to sell on this forum. Selling here is a privilege and should be for the benefit of the community. These things the OP is selling cost pennies and specifically nothing for the OP, yet he is selling at prices that are clearly a ripoff. Prices of anything for sale on this forum should reflect fair value. The OP is out of line. Yes, in this respect, I am an angry old man. I have sold some items here, because I no longer require them and perhaps they might be usable to another member and when I do I sell them without profit in mind. If the OP wants to benefit this community as a contributing member, he should distribute these at cost, not profit.

Why would I pass these (or anything for that matter) at cost? I am selling stuff on the side to make a few extra bucks.

Yes, I admit, my original price was too high... I corrected that, and I still get bashed by you? I guess there is no pleasing everyone.

Steve, the next time I sell something, I'll message you and ask you what I should sell it for, since you seem to know better than I do.

Rick

Why would I pass these (or anything for that matter) at cost? I am selling stuff on the side to make a few extra bucks.

Yes, I admit, my original price was too high... I corrected that, and I still get bashed by you? I guess there is no pleasing everyone.

Steve, the next time I sell something, I'll message you and ask you what I should sell it for, since you seem to know better than I do.

Rick

There's always Ebay....

Back