What's new
What's new

Inspection Gages For Sale

magshooter

Cast Iron
Thread wires ($10), Thread Ring Gages 1/2-20(go/no-go set $50),5/16-18(go/no-go set $50),1/4-20(no-go $25), Setting Rings 1.7500,1.7498,1.1250 ($20 ea), Thread Plug Gages 1/8 & 1/16 NPT ($20 ea), 3/8-24(2) & 1/2-13 go/ no handle (&7 ea),
7/16-28,3/8-16,5/16-24,5/16-18,10-32(2),10-24(2),10-40,6-32,4-40(2),2-56(2),0-80(2) ($20 ea)--take it all for &500

Maybe it's a PB extortion trick. "Oh, you wanted Hi-Res pictures? You should sign up for our $$ Reelpix service".

Yes, it is. But, frankly, if something was given to you for free for many years, asking to pay at some point is hardly an extortion. Despite the fact it feels like it, indeed. :)

if something was given to you for free for many years, asking to pay at some point is hardly an extortion. Despite the fact it feels like it, indeed. :)

When I signed up it was free. Then they decided advertising revenue wasn't profitable enough. That would be fine if they would let me have my pictures, which I own last I checked. I can have my pictures, but I have to download them one at a time. If I want to download them in bulk, I have to pay. If I want to link them, I have to pay.

Offering to do a service for free, and then holding my property demanding money in exchange is extortion. Hostage comes to mind.

If I offered to machine an assembly for one of your machines for free, and then demanded money for its return, that would be called.... what?

When I signed up it was free. Then they decided advertising revenue wasn't profitable enough. That would be fine if they would let me have my pictures, which I own last I checked. I can have my pictures, but I have to download them one at a time. If I want to download them in bulk, I have to pay. If I want to link them, I have to pay.

Offering to do a service for free, and then holding my property demanding money in exchange is extortion. Hostage comes to mind.

If I offered to machine an assembly for one of your machines for free, and then demanded money for its return, that would be called.... what?

I think he has digital Stockholm Syndrome. lol

When I signed up it was free. Then they decided advertising revenue wasn't profitable enough. That would be fine if they would let me have my pictures, which I own last I checked. I can have my pictures, but I have to download them one at a time. If I want to download them in bulk, I have to pay.
I don't know at what point they started to demand payment for downloading. I was able to download all my albums in one shot when they started playing dirty games a year ago or so.

I don't know at what point they started to demand payment for downloading. I was able to download all my albums in one shot when they started playing dirty games a year ago or so.

Maybe I am missing some hidden feature, but when they announced they were going to the new "plan" I tried to download my pictures. I found an old webpage showing how to do it, but the options were not available. I even contacted tech support about it and was told this feature was not available YET, but would be available in the new paid subscription plan.

Now, whenever I get an email from them say I must immediately sign up, I download a few pictures until I get pissed at the constant pop ups telling me I have to sign up.

I have had the same problem downloading my photo's from PB. I feel the same about that site as you. It's total extortion, and I agree that they are holding our own personal property hostage. Slowly but surely, I'm getting my photo's back, and when I do, I'm deleting my account and never going back. I hope they lose their ass, and go broke (hardly likely). I would never treat my customers in such fashion.

I don't remember how I did it, but it wasn't difficult at all.

I was as pissed as any of you, and my first reaction was to send them to the hell. At this point I downloaded all my content and didn't do anything else. Then I cooled down and started thinking about it, reading feedbacks on the other free services, etc. And I noticed that people who were very inspired by them in the beginning gradually came to realization that it wasn't a free lunch, and the services were not as rosy as they appeared in the beginning. And it happened way more quickly than in the case of PB: months vs. decades.

Then I thought that if I stop using PB, all the links I posted everywhere over the years will be broken, and this would be a great disservice to those I posted them for.

So, considering all of the above, I decided to subscribe to their basic paid service. It's about $60 per year, IIRC. Not a big deal even with my VERY modest use of it. Frankly, this decision of mine was a great surprise to myself. I absolutely hate being pressed, blackmailed or extorted, and tend to have quite a violent reaction to it. But in this situation I just tried to be rational.

Frankly, I suspect PB will go under in the near future. Not because they decided to switch to paid services, but because of the way they did it in the beginning, before the old management was fired. Their decision makers didn't have any common sense, diplomacy or customer skills. The new policies are much more reasonable, but the majority of the customers were so pissed off that they don't even want to think about it now.

So while PB works, I'll use them. No, I'm not going to be loyal to them. Just business, nothing personal.

:) True.

Especially considering that this particular site serves its own images uploaded by users, so PB or any other services are not needed at all.

Back