What's new
What's new

ISO Omniturn control box

momalley4211

Plastic
Hi I’m in search of an omniturn control box for a Hardinge dv59 conversion. I have the complete lathe and am just in need of a control.

Anyone have a scrap machine they can Part out? Or have one junked laying around. Machine is from 1998.

Thanks

I have one that was dropped I got it working but one of the cables was cut things being what they are I haven’t time to play with it . Does yours have the collet closer and spindle drive ? The one I have is just the blue control box . If you’re interested I’ll look a little closer.

I have one that was dropped I got it working but one of the cables was cut things being what they are I haven’t time to play with it . Does yours have the collet closer and spindle drive ? The one I have is just the blue control box . If you’re interested I’ll look a little closer.
That sounds perfect, I just sent you a message. Some pictures would help me make sure it’ll work. Thanks a lot

momalley, it may take some fooling around to use the control from another lathe. There are 3 version of the control in use G2, G3 (most common) and the new G4. would suggest you get the serial # off the back of the control cabinet(some place in this number it will have a G something) Once you have the serial number give OMNI at the factory in Oregon a call. they can tell you what you'll need to do to run it on your machine. Also its history, when made, where it was shipped, any repair parts, etc. It will probably have a floppy disk (s) drive so you will get to learn how to use DOS as well! It's pretty easy to learn and you only need to know a little. Have fun!

Back