What's new
What's new

ISO - toolbit blanks

Cole2534

Diamond
I'd like to buy some old American HSS tool bits. Round, square, rectangle, cut-off blades, new or used (so long as it's still useable) don't care because it's going to be practice stock for my new Harig. Would prefer it to be in that 1/4" to 1/2" but big blanks can make nice parallels! Ideally someone would load up a small flat rate box...

No foreign material, please. Would prefer Cleveland or Crucible.

Thank you, Cole

Tool bits are a poor choice for practice stock. They are made to be hard and resist abrasion, and will force you to learn things that won't necessarily be true with mild steel, even if the mild steel is case hardened.

Tool bits are a poor choice for practice stock. They are made to be hard and resist abrasion, and will force you to learn things that won't necessarily be true with mild steel, even if the mild steel is case hardened.

I agree, but the first thing I'll be using this grinder for is to make up some lathe tools.

I'd like to buy some old American HSS tool bits. Round, square, rectangle, cut-off blades, new or used (so long as it's still useable) don't care because it's going to be practice stock for my new Harig. Would prefer it to be in that 1/4" to 1/2" but big blanks can make nice parallels! Ideally someone would load up a small flat rate box...

No foreign material, please. Would prefer Cleveland or Crucible.

Thank you, Cole

I have some old misc. tool bits. Yours for the cost of a small flat rate box. PM me
John

Back