What's new
What's new

Jacobs 18N Ball Brg Super Chuck

I hate to rain on your parade, but the odds of finding repair kit for the chuck are slim. Last time I looked, none were available. I wound up regrinding the old jaws.

Tom

I figure someone out there has an 18N kit on the shelf, or a bad chuck with a good jaw or two.
There have been jaw sets on ebay for small money, though none right now.,

The 'New Style' super Chuck takes service kit #30347 and this will be stamped on the nose of the chuck.
If this service kit number is not present then this is the 'Old Style' chuck with a filling slot for the ball bearings.
The service kit for the old style is #07434 aka U18N and is never stamped on the chuck nose.
When a chuck is dropped onto an unyielding surface damage occurs most often to the threaded split nut shearing the threads for one jaw.
John

Last "bargain" NOS kit on Ebay sold for $90+

I just sold my 18n on here a couple weeks ago. Looked just like yours. It sat a few weeks with no offers. I finally ended up accepting an offer of $15 plus shipping.
Shortly after that the aforementioned kit on ebay sold.

I like to think my buyer from New York scored the kit, and was able to end up with a rebuilt 18N for under $140.

Steve.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

The jaws from a newer repair kit (not Chinese) will work on a old chuck. The split nut will not work on a old chuck. I've ran into this a few years back. Ken

I just got a chuck key from McMaster and it came from LFA USA. They threw a business card in the bag and I checked out their website. They sell rebuild kits (as well as whole chucks) for the Jacobs Super Chucks:

Super Chucks

No prices so you will have to contact them.

Back