What's new
What's new

jacobs spindle nose chuck #91-f1 1.5”-8 thread for sale

climb-101

Cast Iron
i have a jacobs spindle nose chuck that i don’t need since it won’t fit my lathe. it’s model #91-f1 and is a 1 1/2”-8 thread. the handle and the lock both move smothly.

I think that’s the same spindle size for the hardinge/south bend and other smaller lathes. I also have 7/8”-1” collet for it that goes with it.

how’s $300 shipped O.B.O.

CDC4C6CE-18FF-4E9A-83EC-A8441CC83D34.jpg
2CFC5CDF-761B-41AD-8EC9-C4245E722661.jpg
11F2F0AD-A2D6-4EF8-A72E-CEE2A2C1C513.jpg

i’m open to offers

I have mine. Two, actually. D1-3 and Cazeneuve mounts.

Your barrier is finding some Pilgrim with that dimunitive (very) light lathe threaded spindle who is up for the cost of investing in a premium collet system AND the collets you don't have for it that have to be scouted, used, and still in decent condition.

AFTER yrs truly took 3-plus sets of the better 9XX ones available out of the market already...

Read "small market". Patience is your best tool...

ergo ... "bump"

:)

I have Grozier speed lathe that has a 1-1/2" x 8tpi nose that I have never had a chuck for. Didn't want to put a low rpm SB chuck on as it's 2 speeds are 1800/3600 and that sounded like a recipe for shrapnel.

Pretty sure I have collets for it from my Rubber-Flex on my Monarch. Will send a PM to see if shipping and a price can be worked out.

Paul

Is there any way to swap out the spindle mount on this chuck.. I have a set of 900 collets but a 500 series chuck. Thats what I get for listening to know it alls.

Is there any way to swap out the spindle mount on this chuck.. I have a set of 900 collets but a 500 series chuck. Thats what I get for listening to know it alls.

Shudda listened to idiots then?

We know the difference.

:)

If a 500 series will do the work and already fits your spindle, best to sell/trade the 9XX collets for 5XX ones. Or acquire a 9XX that already fits the spindle.

They are not ordinarily scarce enough to justify DIY gender-reassignment surgery to their arshlocken.

Arrived in perfect condition just as in the pictures. Fantastic packing job even angry UPS drivers couldn't have hurt this thing. Thanks a lot.

Back