What's new
What's new

K & T 2 CE Feed Range Change Gear Specs or Gear Needed

Vabowhunter

Plastic
I recently bought a K & T 2 CE. The mill had nice tooling with a universal vertical milling head. The mill is not beat up but is missing the small feed range change gear. The part number in the manual is 2CE-J60. There are no specs for the gear and the gear was missing out of tne speed box because of an apparent crash at some point in its life, so I have nothing to even copy. The gear it mated to only lost 1 tooth and is easily repairable. The only thing I need to get this machine up and running again is the missing gear. Can anyone point me to anyone who may have the part or the specs to make the gear? I was surprised the good condition of all the other gears in the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have taken numerous pictures and I am going to post a link to a video of reassembly to share and help others who are in the situation. Again, thanks for any help.

Might be useful

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2098/22737.pdf

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2098/22738.pdf

have fun

A place to start - assuming you have to MAKE one

Post tooth count on mate

Post mic OD of mate - while you are at it check and post minor dia - like at bottom of teeth

Post accurate center distance shared by the two gears - I.E. , shaft assy "L" and shaft assy which has the mate - exactly how far between those shaft centers?

Looks like J60 ALSO has a male clutch spine on it - leave that for later

Might also be worth while to ask FIVES (?) or other K&T parts house about DRAWING availability and new gear cost. It will likely be way more than you paid for mill, but then you will know

Last edited:
I recently bought a K & T 2 CE. The mill had nice tooling with a universal vertical milling head. The mill is not beat up but is missing the small feed range change gear. The part number in the manual is 2CE-J60. There are no specs for the gear and the gear was missing out of tne speed box because of an apparent crash at some point in its life, so I have nothing to even copy. The gear it mated to only lost 1 tooth and is easily repairable. The only thing I need to get this machine up and running again is the missing gear. Can anyone point me to anyone who may have the part or the specs to make the gear? I was surprised the good condition of all the other gears in the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have taken numerous pictures and I am going to post a link to a video of reassembly to share and help others who are in the situation. Again, thanks for any help.

Hi,
Maybe call up Hugh

https://hughsmachinery.com/

He may have parts and/or could help with the spec...

-Phil

standard center distance between gear shafts (CD) = N1+N2/2*diametral pitch
so if you have the center distance between shafts = CD
N1 = the # teeth of mating part
diametral pitch = DP = of mating gear

then let
CDx(2xDP)-N2 =N1= # teeth in mating part,
if the gears are Diametral pitch gears and not module.

if the DP is not marked on the gears
measure the CP (circular pitch) measured radial center line of two teeth. ( it's actually measure at the pitch diameter at tooth profile)

CP= (Pi * DP)/2 = circular pitch
then Pi/(CPx2) =DP = diametral pitch

Back