What's new
What's new

Kurt vice----For Sale

tommy1010

Stainless
I have a Kurt Vice that I bought some time ago for use on my Nichols Miller. It is entirely too big for that machine. It is just taking up space and needs to go to a good home. It has a handle and Snap Jaws (HSJ-490) Look at the pics. That vice and the people that are familiar
with them know that with the handle as shown it weighs 68 lbs. Probably another 10 lbs to crate it up. Well under the UPS ground limit of
150 lbs. I am asking $200.00 for it. Plus shipping. To make it more bearable in the shipping costs department, and you know how it comes apart easily, I am willing to remove a few screws so it can be shipped in two boxes, even one USPS and One UPS to lower costs. The simple Rate of UPS has a 50 lb limit. Maybe 2 jaws removed and the handle would get it below the 50 lbs?? Simple rate is quite affordable. If you are interested and give me your address I can box it up and get a price for shipping. If it puts it over you limit for your vice budget we will call if null and void. As always anyone can pick it up at my home if they want. My zip code is 18225. Pm me and respond to this thread. Pm with any other questions you may have. I do not have the bottom locating keys for the vice. If I was guessing this should box out and less than 80 lbs. So if you are researching shipping costs you can use that if kept together.

100_1541.jpg100_1542.jpg100_1543.jpg100_1544.jpg100_1545.jpg

Not on the "me next" list, just a comment that I've never seen such a long "hex nose" on a Kurt handle before. I wonder if that's original to that vise, or was intended for another application.

Vise is sold. Long handle saved a lot of skinned knuckles in the way it was set up. If the new owner wants it shorter that is up to him/her. Easier to shorten than to lengthen!! IMHO. Thanks to all. If I remember correctly the salesman who frequented area shops got that handle for us when he saw the setup.

Received!

Dear Tommy,
You are an exemplary seller! Your idea to break down the vise and send in two shipments made it both affordable, and far more resistant to carrier abuse. Here, a picture is worth more than a thousand words...

KurtBox1.jpgKurtBox2.jpg

Best packing job ever. As tempted as I am to mount this as-is on the wall of an art gallery, this vise is going into service post haste!
Thanks again,
Roger

Back