What's new
What's new

Kurt Vises With a Pic finally! $300 each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, if those are 8" vises that price may be slightly high, but a fair place to start dickering.

Am I missing something?

-Ron

The vises I can see have a closed hole for the mount, unlike my 6 & 8 inch Kurts which have a cast slot. That may make these fairly old. Also, the drain slot near the mount tab is narrower relative to the 8" vises, looks closer to the 6" I have. So I'm guessing 6", and yes, I agree the price is optimistic.

Im posting these for a friend, yes , I agree ,I think the price is high and I told him that. Any offers will be entertained.

I'm glad I wasn't alone in thinking that he's out of his mind asking $300 last night. Almost replied but thought I'd wait until someone else did.

You can buy a brand new DX6 for $520 shipped, and it comes with a handle and jaws!

What is the purpose of dissing the pricing? If it is to show off your intelligence; it doesn't. It does,however, show your lack of manners and upbringing.

If you were really intelligent and knowledgeable, you would offer some market examples, and pricing information, or make and offer.

Thank you for reading

What is the purpose of dissing the pricing? If it is to show off your intelligence; it doesn't. It does,however, show your lack of manners and upbringing.

If you were really intelligent and knowledgeable, you would offer some market examples, and pricing information, or make and offer.

Thank you for reading

People with lower intelligence tend to have a lot of vises.

I thought I explained that I posted these for a friend. Apparently I`m not intelligent enough to comprehend the level of intelligence here. I`ve sold a few items in the past to a few members, I believe they we`re very happy with the transaction. I won`t darken the doorstep of the intelligent ones here again.

I thought I explained that I posted these for a friend. Apparently I`m not intelligent enough to comprehend the level of intelligence here. I`ve sold a few items in the past to a few members, I believe they we`re very happy with the transaction. I won`t darken the doorstep of the intelligent ones here again.

I don't think it has anything to do with inteligance, it's kinda like Craigslist funny time. I think people just get a kick out of seeing someone with an incredibly distorted view of reality.

All I know is last time my comments got deleted about saying that price was to high but now it’s acceptable? Whatever

Point is those are in rough condition. And you can buy a new dx6 for $530 shipped.

If you had spent 10 minutes on the net you'd have seen your prices are on the (very) high side. If your feeling butt hurt you only have your self to blame.

Sir.

Please understand, that when you post something for sale, we know that the price will be in line with your past items, and pretty much good.

Just because you "posted it for a friend" you should have still applied your
good sense to it.

So now, it doesn't sell, and your friend is mad at you "you told me you could sell these for me online"....

And now, your "reputation" on here has taken a hit "I wonder what that Idjit uncledenny is posting today, must be drunk posting again".

just like auctions, there are a few auctioneers I will not attend their auctions, because they mis-represent the stuff, and have bad (insanely high) minimums on items.

One local one, I have sold with him, and he will NOT by any means put a minimum
on an item, unless he agrees that it is proper. I also attend his auctions, knowing
he is reasonable.

I don’t blame people for being annoyed at this post. There are plenty of game players that visit here and roll the dice with a post like that. We also do not have to be familiar with everyone on PM and their past transactions to comment on this post.
I agree that pissing on a for sale post doesn’t help a seller, whose circumstances we may not be familiar with. BUT he admitted that he KNEW the prices were high. There are a fair number of grouchy folks here, but all he had to do was be clear that he was “posting for a friend” and “any offer considered, I will pass it along to him/her”. Then it would have been just 10 seconds of reading, instead of annoyance.
It IS annoying to feel like someone may be insulting your intelligence (we found out it was mistakenly) and the intelligence of the other members of the forum. Sadly, it happens all the time here. It is also not worth the time of anyone on the forum, reading this post, to research prices and post corrections- that is the sellers job, unless they admit their naïveté and ask explicitly for advise.
I am all for polite discourse and patience for reasonable ignorance or mistakes, but we also need to be half-way self-aware of what we are saying to knowledgable, experienced, often unappreciated group of people here who are often spending time that they don’t have to to help people here. I don’t blame the impatience people showed with this post, before being cleared up by the OP.

I learned a long time ago you need a thick skin on this site. Most of the time it's simply banter. Don't take stuff like this so seriously. The trick is to come back with some good sarcastic wit.

I learned a long time ago you need a thick skin on this site. Most of the time it's simply banter. Don't take stuff like this so seriously. The trick is to come back with some good sarcastic wit.

For some reason, items offered for sale that are priced moderately, and not
over rated in condition description, seem to NOT attract the "banter".

They simply attract postings like "I'll take it, PM me with details".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back