What's new
What's new

Letter Drill bits---Lots of letter drill bits---FOR SALE

tommy1010

Stainless
I have LETTER drill bits that are surplus to my needs. There are 130 bits shown. All are new. NOT ALL LETTERS ARE THERE!!! Various manufacturers but most are MORSE and all made in USA. Even on a good day a single smaller letter bit costs $3.00. XYZ's are in the $10.00 ball park. So do the math. There are a lot of bits. This is for someone who needs to fill the drill locker up. How about $160.00 shipped. That's less than a buck and a quarter each! Papal, check or money order. You choose. PM me and reply to this thread with your intentions. No I will not separate them. Look at the pics. At this price you can use them as......??????

100_1482.jpg100_1483.jpg100_1484.jpg100_1485.jpg

With the guys that hover over this section like vultures over road kill I am amazed that deal even lasted 25 minutes. In the days of E-bay infancy I scored a couple mixed lots most in the smaller ranges. Lots of Guhring in unopened packages. Just a year ago I used the pack of .018 for the first time. I must have ended up with $10k of dills for $500 or so. A little less than 25 years later 90% of them have been used. Back in the day E-bay was great for buying tooling for 10-25 cents on the dollar.

Update: The drills are either in Philadelphia, in transit, or have been delivered, depending on which USPS tracking site you choose to believe. All I know for certain, is that they aren't here yet. :angry:

PS: tommy1010 sent them immediately, so it's not his fault. :)

Update: The drills are either in Philadelphia, in transit, or have been delivered, depending on which USPS tracking site you choose to believe. All I know for certain, is that they aren't here yet. :angry:

PS: tommy1010 sent them immediately, so it's not his fault. :)

I have had back to back USPS blunders after a month or so of almost pre covid delivery speed, one inbound that has vanished getting from a post office to a hub for a week and an outbound where one of 3 boxes was destroyed.
So much for things going back to normal.

... So do the math. ... How about $160.00 shipped. ...

After "aging" in Philadelphia for about three weeks, the drills finally arrived! No fault of Tom's at all.

I did the math. I weighed the drills (3785 grams) and divided that into my cost ($160) to get a little over 4 cents per gram.

Then I multiplied the cost per gram times the weight of a drill to come up with the price of each drill. For example, letter B (no A's) weighs 15 grams and costs 63 cents. Letter Z weighs 56 grams and costs $2.36.

I compared all the costs to McMaster-Carr's prices and found all were very close to 20%. So, as Tom said, I got a very good deal.

(The drills are mostly black oxide and standard -- not split -- point, so I reduced the McMaster-Carr price to 88%, because they only have standard point in sets.)

I'll PM those who said they wanted some and let you know what sizes I have available and the total cost. You pay USPS small box shipping of $8.45.

Here's what's remaining and their price each:

B 10 $0.94
C 5 $0.87
E 3 $0.93
H 2 $1.18
K 4 $1.28
N 8 $1.60
S 1 $1.97
X 5 $3.09
Y 6 $3.32
Z 3 $3.55

Shipping is USPS Priority mail small box at $8.45, irrespective of quantity. Please tell me if you know of a good way to send a small number of drills.

I'll take everything you have left.

B 10 $0.94
C 5 $0.87
E 3 $0.93
H 2 $1.18
K 4 $1.28
N 8 $1.60
S 1 $1.97
X 5 $3.09
Y 6 $3.32
Z 3 $3.55

I missed what you posted about preferred payment method. Let me know.
Thank you,
Dave

Back