What's new
What's new

Looking for old / broken controls

Ohiogoldfever

Plastic
I am a hobby machine guy. Along side some fab work I also harvest electronic parts for gold and other precious metal recovery. I’m always looking for old NC style controls or burned up / broken circuit boards or others stuff to scrap out. If you have something you’d like to sell let me know.

I pay better than the scrap yard.

I’m in Dayton Ohio.

I have a bunch of old circuit boards and hard drives and a tape reader from a G&L milling machine (complete as far as I can tell). My zip is 15834. I'd like to keep the cabinet from the tape reader, but I'd part with all the contents.

Attachments

• 20210115_072437.jpg
    20210115_072437.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210115_072446.jpg
    20210115_072446.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210115_072606.jpg
    20210115_072606.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 67
I have too much of the same stuff. Including servo motors and new-in-box ball screws. It would be best if you looked in person, if you're ever out this way.

Hey, dkmc, I'm looking for a short ball screw 1"/25mm dia and at least 20" long. Got one to sell?

Ed.

I have a few pc boards from digital controllers. But. They do not have the tell tale signs of gold, like the gold traces at the edge where they plug into a motherboard, or connectors to receive daughter boards.

Local scrap guy in the city called them "mid-high" grade. They still buy them. Do you?

Steve.

Sent from my LM-G900TM using Tapatalk

I have too much of the same stuff. Including servo motors and new-in-box ball screws. It would be best if you looked in person, if you're ever out this way.
What you are describing sounds like it might be a potential treasure trove to a hobbyist looking to make a diy cnc router, plasma cutter, etc.

Steve.

Hey, dkmc, I'm looking for a short ball screw 1"/25mm dia and at least 20" long. Got one to sell?
Ed.
I haven't looked at them in years. I think there are about 40 of them. There may not be any 1", all bigger I think. I'd gladly sell them, but I don't have the time to investigate and describe details, pack, ship, etc.

What you are describing sounds like it might be a potential treasure trove to a hobbyist looking to make a diy cnc router, plasma cutter, etc.
Steve.

Might be. And also might be a frustrating waste of time for me as well, thus I am reluctant. You may or may not see my point of view. Some day, when I have more time, I may try selling some of it on EBAY. Which can potentially turn into a full time not-so-fun gig.

I haven't looked at them in years. I think there are about 40 of them. There may not be any 1", all bigger I think. I'd gladly sell them, but I don't have the time to investigate and describe details, pack, ship, etc.

Might be. And also might be a frustrating waste of time for me as well, thus I am reluctant. You may or may not see my point of view. Some day, when I have more time, I may try selling some of it on EBAY. Which can potentially turn into a full time not-so-fun gig.
I completely understand. Ebay can be a fickle mistress.

Steve.

Maybe. Shoot me a couple pictures.
Here is one i had close by. Its about 7" square.
5c3df59108ccae3c4fd8a69755749332.jpg

Thanks for the picture Steve. This is a fairly low grade board unfortunately. Looks like may be a few gold pins and a couple tantalum capacitors but that’s about it. Given the lugs on the side it looks to be built to handle some pretty decent voltage. Rule of thumb for precious metal recovery is that you’re looking for low-voltage boards. Something that requires a metal that will not tarnish given that it doesn’t have the power required to overcome a little bit of resistance.

It is something I would certainly work with but there’s not really much in the way of value there.

Hey Tony.

Yes sir. If you don’t mind shooting me some pictures and amounts. My phone number is in one of the earlier posts above.

Hey Tony.

Yes sir. If you don’t mind shooting me some pictures and amounts. My phone number is in one of the earlier posts above.

Thanks for the picture Steve. This is a fairly low grade board unfortunately. Looks like may be a few gold pins and a couple tantalum capacitors but that’s about it. Given the lugs on the side it looks to be built to handle some pretty decent voltage. Rule of thumb for precious metal recovery is that you’re looking for low-voltage boards. Something that requires a metal that will not tarnish given that it doesn’t have the power required to overcome a little bit of resistance.

It is something I would certainly work with but there’s not really much in the way of value there.
Well if you care to make an offer, i can see how many will fit in a flat rate box.

Tried to text some photos but did not go.

Here are a couple, these are IBM p3 mb, some p3 processors and some other random board.

Have others too.

Open to offers as no longer needed.

Also have stack of CD players.

Open to offers, shipping your choice.Mb2.jpgMotherboard.jpgCpu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hey Tony. Where are you located? I ask because the material you have would be great to run but in a fairly small quantity cost of shipping out weighs my returns.

I am a refiner. For instance your CPUs hold about 1.50-3.00in gold each once processed. Mother boards can be somewhat questionable. These are the kinds of things I like to run but I often get them free with pick ups.

I look for and pay for older controls because they were built when gold was cheap and the plating is heavy. Wire wrapped pins like you see in NC type controls have high yields and can afford the cost of shipping.

If you are close I’m happy to shoot you a figure as long as shipping doesn’t sink the deal. Given the volumes there that 16-20.00 makes a difference unfortunately.

Back