What's new
What's new

Looking for a Troyke Rotary Table Dividing Accessory Kit

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
Looking for a Troyke Rotary Table Dividing Accessory Kit, as seen of page 4 of this brochure - TROYKE BROCHURE

Have a BH-12 that I want to use horizontally more accurately than with solely the degree dial.

Let me know what you have and what you want for it. Thank you.

Attachments

• TROYKE-DIVIDING-ATTCHMT.jpg
    TROYKE-DIVIDING-ATTCHMT.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 559
Addendum - short of actually finding one, if someone has one but is opposed to selling it, I would pay to rent it for short period to use it and then make a copy. I had started making the plates to do so years ago, but never got around to finishing them or making the rest of the bits. Now I have a need for the kit...

Wild suggestion, but can you use a CNC indexer? You can pick up a quality used 8-10" one for a couple grand and they are dirt simple to program and use, even on a manual machine.

I would think the accuracy would be as good or better than anything Troyke.

Thanks Garwood. I appreciate the thought and effort. I have actually considered coupling our stand alone Haas programmable indexer to the Troyke's input shaft and telling the Haas H5C to drive the Troyke, but the reality is that this would take just as long or more than fitting the dividing plates to the rotary. I need to index a high number with fairly good accuracy, and it needs to be done on a plate measuring about 27" in diameter. I have a sub plate/fixture plate for the BH-12 that will hold this nicely. Just need a way to index it well.

I have some rotary tables if you are still interested. Here is a picture.

down left - 20" dividing table but I dont have the dividing discs - up and right is the same thing but up side down
down right - < 20"(I dont know for sure) swiss dixi horizoltal and vertical optical
up left -20" carl zeiss optical rotary table.
Up up :) - swiss SIP tilting rotary table

I have a biger Carl Zeiss but I dont have a picture.

Hope you like it.

Cata

Thanks Cata, but I am not looking for a whole rotary table. I am looking for a Dividing accessory kit for a Troyke.

At this point, I'll probably just go ahead and make the plates I had already started, and then make the sector arms from scratch.

If someone does want to sell or rent one, feel free to contact me through the forum, or by our contact page HERE

I can only hope Zahnrad was able to finish what he started 5 years ago. I'm only chiming in now because it turns out the dividing plates he needed come available all the time just about everywhere - but nobody knew. They are the infamous no name doublesided '371' & '372' indexing plates. Happy hunting.

Attachments

• 20210316 03.jpg
    20210316 03.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 101
I found some plates on E-Bay with a center hole big enough and made an adapter for mine. I have never seen a true troyke set come up. I've managed to make a couple of gears and a few splined shafts with my set up.

Ok, that's funny. I have been wondering what these plates fit for years. I have a Troyke BL-18 but no clue what else I would need. Or to be honest as I have a 12" Bridgeport with the plates probably not going to use them. Not sure atm.

IMG_20140201_235517_062.jpg

Hi guys,

Thank you for the heads up to a few people, letting me know to check in. That job obviously made it out the door by now and I did make a few of the parts needed for the Troyke, but never did get to installing the holes in the blank plates I made. At this point in my life, time is the most important currency and I'd prefer to spend it in the air than making Troyke parts. So if someone wants to sell a Troyke set up, I'd still be willing to consider it. Thanks.

Hi guys,

Thank you for the heads up to a few people, letting me know to check in. That job obviously made it out the door by now and I did make a few of the parts needed for the Troyke, but never did get to installing the holes in the blank plates I made. At this point in my life, time is the most important currency and I'd prefer to spend it in the air than making Troyke parts. So if someone wants to sell a Troyke set up, I'd still be willing to consider it. Thanks.

I just picked up a 12" troyke at auction. It does have the dividing attachment with at least one plate. Had to catch a flight right after I picked it up so I will post some pics in a few weeks when I get back. I may be missing one of the plates also. I would loan for you too copy since I have to disassemble and clean the table anyway

I sold my Troyke with dividing attachment to another PM member a while back. In case pictures will help someone, here are the ones that show the dividing parts.

Larry

DSC00996.jpg DSC00997.jpg DSC02249.jpg DSC02251.jpg

Back