What's new
What's new

Lot sale! Inserts, End mills, drills, reamers, counterbores + 1/2 off retail price!

Sorry all this is really new to me. After I found these in a box not knowing what they were I hand wrote descriptions and proceeded to spend 2 hours looking up prices. Essentially it's a little over $2,000 worth of tooling that I will sell for $1,000 and I will need an email address to take a pic and send my handwritten list to. I didn't see away on here to post a pic

to be honest, unless they're brand new sealed in packaging you're not going to get 1/2 retail, and even then it'll take you a while to sell each piece. It's pretty unlikely that you'll find a buyer that wants each and every piece in that lot, so they're not going to want to pay for stuff they don't want.

If you want to sell the lot, you'll need to offer a steeper discount and a full list.

If you want to sell each piece, you'll need to post up pictures and a price for each piece.

"New in package" be carefull, many machinist put the old worn out insert back in the pack, it's not to mislead, it's habit.

so you really, really need to show pix.

"After I found these in a box not knowing what they were" ... " All items are new in package"

Good luck with that nonsense...still interested in what you have for sale. Because, curiosity and all.

It's not nonsense. Even a moron could tell if they were new or not. They are absolutely new in package. Is there a place to post a pic on here? I am new.

Anyway I figured if someone wanted to buy the lot they could keep what they wanted and sell the rest and make some money. Didn't mean to complicate things

I will offer $50 for everything in that photo.

Remember you are not a member with any standing here- I would personally count this sale as risky that I ever see anything for my money.

Want some advise-

List each item on your Ebay account with a $.01 starting bid/no reserve plus "see my other listings- machinist tools!"
That platform will fetch you market value for each item.
What you have is worth less than you think..

Thanks for the advice. Not trying to rip anyone off just trying to give someone a good deal. Have not had a very warm welcome here but that's okay.

The advice from folks may seem blunt but it is taken from how items actually get sold here.
Selling stuff is a job- you are getting free of charge advice on how to get that job done.

Last edited:
List each item on your Ebay account with a $.01 starting bid/no reserve plus "see my other listings- machinist tools!"
That platform will fetch you market value for each item.
What you have is worth less than you think..

This is exactly right, the way to maximize return. But at a huge cost of time and effort. I'm doing just that with some exotic wood I have, to find out what the market value is. Then I can decide whether to piece it out or offer it as a large lot at a steep discount.

Sorry for the rough reception here, sadly not at all uncommon. But easily the best advice you'll get online, if you can handle it. Also, if this is a shop cleanout of an estate, you might mention the circumstances, would get you a much more sympathetic response.

If you want to sell here maybe try this-

Break the items up into a manageable number of lots.
List the higher value items singly.
For the rest of it group similar items into several per lot.

Post a photo of each lot with a description and price and make up a post with a few lots on each.

To post a photo get that photo on your platform and push this button:

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 2.10.19 PM.jpg

Like this:

1) Brown puppy- New in box. $Twenty five dollar.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 2.15.48 PM.jpg

2) Brown puppy- New in box but asleep. $Twenty dollar.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 2.30.42 PM.jpg

3) Brown dog- Older and bites. $Ten dollar.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 2.19.27 PM.jpg

4) Pile of five brown puppies- New in boxes but need baths. $Twenty five dollar.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 2.24.03 PM.jpg

5) etc

List clear terms in post:

How to contact you.
What sort of payment is acceptable.
What is the cost of shipping or if included say so.
Best offer?
Etc

The sad news here is your items have a resale value of maybe .10 on the dollar . Your market is mostly home shop people or small 1-2 shops. And large commercial shops A get a large discount off retail and B most importantly do not buy from here ,eBay ,Craigslist etc. As said eBay is the only way to get max return by selling each item or like items as a lot. Sorry but that is the hard facts on selling assorted tooling. The chances of someone else using the exact same assortment of inserts etc. that would generate the greatest return is VERY slim. Very good of you to help your aunt out !

Anyway I figured if someone wanted to buy the lot they could keep what they wanted and sell the rest and make some money. Didn't mean to complicate things

so you want to sell the lot at 50% of retail so someone can get what they want and then make some money how? By selling the leftovers at 60% of retail? That doesn't make any sense.

no one's trying to be antagonistic or put you off. If you want to see how to sell stuff check out Lazz's for sale posts - super clear, decent pics, reasonable prices. Do what he does and you'll sell a bunch of stuff.

heck, I even managed to sell a bunch of stuff to members on here and another forum and I'm hardly known here. I still managed to make enough money to "pay" for some stuff I bought over the summer AND keep the wife happy.

Back